Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
After a few "showoff" desktop i decided to return back to what i love the most...
yes i love a combination of Black-White-Red on my desktop....so this is my latest evolution desktop
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth

Me and my simple N900

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to viraj3006 For This Useful Post:
My simple desktop for two months now. Nothing really special, not much, but I love it!
I use as less widgets as possibles, so the battery lasts longer. Have the defaults shortcuts.
805 Mhz is minimum and maximum blocked to 805 with smartreflex 1vdd1 and vdd2 on 1
1000 Mhz is minimum and maximum blocked on 1000 without smartreflex (due to the reboot problem)
fm on and off is to quickly turn on and off the fm transmitter.
I have only an other desktop with few games for my children to play quickly.

Well that's all!
Attached Images

Last edited by phap; 2011-06-19 at 07:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Okay, as I have mentioned before, I am now developing scripts that can be used to save desktop arrangements as themes that can be installed/exported as necessary.

So far I have been able to export the icon/widgets and their positions, desktop wallpapers, and no of desktops. I have not yet been able to restore QBW properly nor have I tried to restore the individual widget settings.

Now, I have only tried this on my device by changing my arrangements and then restoring them. So I want your help now. I am attaching a file below (save.zip). Download and unzip it to your device and pls run it from xterm as
Code:
sh /path/to/file/save.sh
for eg, if you unzipped it to Downloads, run it as
Code:
sh MyDocs/Downloads/save.sh
It will create a theme file in you MyDocs/Desktop-themer folder. Please upload it here along with a screenshot of your desktop so that I may try to restore it in my device and find out if my restore script if working properly.

The reason I am not releasing the restore script now is because if can potentially crash your N900.

NOTE: This is not for utter-newbs at this point. So if you're not sure what to do, this may not be for you. Rest assured that I am creating a app with GUI soon.
Oh come on! Can anybody please help me? Anybody?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i've pm'd you ejasmudar

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i've pm'd you ejasmudar
Yeah got it and tried it. I am posting the my results below.

First your desktop:

My result:

ANALYSIS
While creating the script, I forgoot about backing up the QBW images so all the QBW widgets now dont have images. So that has to be done.
Secondly, can you post here the rest of the desktops? Coz out of 8 desktops, one of them is completely empy. Was it filled with contacts? My script does not save/restore contacts for obvious reason.
Then the icons and fonts. I think what can be done for this is, the app should store the name of the icon-set/theme/font used and ifit is available in the destination n900, it should apply. Else, maybe it should give an option to download it? What does everybody think?
Finally, the individual widget settings like for qflipclock, email, calender, rss etc. This is think i will do only stage by stage and is not a priority.

Have I missed anything?
Attached Images

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
yeah one screen is completely empty it's the screen that i use to try out qbw. A lot of my fonts are ones i have added but by the results it's looking really good it's definitely a must have. i will zip up the other screenshots and mail you them

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-06-19 at 15:39.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Basic but suits me fine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Settled on a nice clean look for a bit.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Settled on a nice clean look for a bit.

dear bigears5000 did u use quick widget ( qml ) for some player widget, or use qbw.
if u use qbw may I ask the code cause i had bad experience with quick widgets it hook the cpu up to 90%
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell