Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
~ # camera-ui
MApplicationService: registerService() registering failed
MApplicationService: Calling launch() in another application with service : "com.nokia.maemo.CameraService

~ $ cameraplus
Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
Loading plugin: true
Successfully resolved MeeGo graphics system: /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/graphicssystems/libqmeegographicssystem.so

MeegoGraphics: found EGL_NOK_image_shared
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_KHR_lock_surface2
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_KHR_fence_sync
Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
Failed to start camera pipeline
libomap3camd 1.136
Camera error (7): Opening a device failed subdev_calls.c(521): gst_basemcsrc_open_pipeline_devices (): /GstCameraBin2:QtCameraCameraBin/GstCameraSrcBin:QCameraWrapperVideoSrc/GstSubdevSrc2:QtCameraVideoSrc:
system error: Bad file descriptor
Meego graphics system destroyed
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
Extension: 135 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode: 1 (X_ShmAttach)
Resource id: 0x3e0000b
X Error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter) 135
Extension: 135 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode: 2 (X_ShmDetach)
Resource id: 0x3e0001a
QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads started with QThread
~ $ ~ # camera-ui
-/bin/sh: /home/user: Permission denied
~ $ MApplicationService: registerService() registering failed
-/bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected "("
~ $ MApplicationService: Calling launch() in another application with service : "com.
nokia.maemo.CameraService

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Ultimate fix is reflash both bin's at the same time with secure erase:

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -R --erase-user-data=secure

That will bring your device in the same state that it leaves the factory.
(With the same command I already got another £20 an year ago on another thread, but it if works, I dont mind getting more ).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-10-25 at 13:52.

i will try flash again & let u know if u are eligible to get £20 more.

Dear Rainisto

I flashed with two bin files as per your instruction with secure data erase. But the result was same. For your better understanding I am attaching a screenshot of camera UI.

Thanks lot for trying to help me!

PleasureBd
Attached Images

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
In that case I'm afraid that the actual camera hardware might be broken.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
I think i was right man, your camera module is messed up
the only way to solve your problem is to buy a spare camera from ebay and change it yourself. Or you can take the N9 to a Nokia point.

Nokia N810 16 GB
CSSU Stable
Diablo Turbo

Yeah, I got the same message. I dislike having to open my N9. Such a chore when I had stripped screws :@

If you come to the conclusion that the hardware is defective you could as well try to move the camera module around in its socket (green arrow in the picture). Maybe this little movement helps against corroded contacts, if you stick a piece of a razor blade between socket and module.

And if you already have opened the device and have a razor blade: On the lower side of the little extra PCB with the camera flash leds and the micro SD card holder there are two contacts (red arrows) pressing to the shielding plate of the main PCB. I doubt, that they do anything else then giving extra GND level for the LEDs. Maybe they have corroded as well. With sliding the razor blade between the shield plate and the lower side of this little PCB you maybe polish them. When I hat to repair my USB port I removed this shielding and did not put it on later again, resulting in a black camera picture all the time.

And at last: Harden your USB port by scratching of the paint of the PCB to the left and the right of the USB port (blue arrows) and solder it to the copper apearing under the paint. Be very careful not to fill up the USB port inside. There are enough threads about this here.

Generally: Do nothing of the above if you don't want do risk damaging more of trash it completely.

Here is a post how to exchange the complete camera module:
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_camera_sensor
Attached Images

Last edited by ibins; 2013-10-27 at 16:20. Reason: Stupid me: This thread is about N9 and not N900, isn't it? Grrrr.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Same thing happened to me after I changed the battery. I feel ya =/.

I attempted to fix it but after reopening the device everything seemed normal to my eyes. Decided to wait Jolla to deliver.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
this might sound like a silly comment and i assume any reflashing would reset the phone. But i remember that mine started doing this and it was something to do with the gps being turned off within the camera i think?

i don't know that exact setting but it was a location related problem, a confict between the camera setting a the phone setting maybe?