Hello all,

I have tried to use the N900 Transmitions client for Bit Torrent to get a Linux ISO downloaded, but it seems Tmobile is blocking Bit Torrent?

Does anyone have any insight as to what protocols and/or ports Tmobile blocks?

I used to use the regular Tmobile service which assigned my device a LAN (Private Range) IP address, but have now been able to secure a different Tmobile data plan which provides a public IP directly to my N900.

Any ideas what Tmobile Data does or does not allow access to in the United States?

Thank you

Go to ShieldsUp on grc.com and it should tell you what ports are blocked/filtered. Otherwise HowardForums would be a good place to start searching for blocked port info, they have LOADS of info about all the carriers and their policies.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Tmobile give webnwalk with the n900

i had to call them up and they changed it free of charge to webnwalk plus which has all ports open.

hope that helps...

solved all my issues straight away took 5-10 minutes on the phone just ask that your data package is changed to webnwalk plus as its a smartphone seen similar issues on the t-mobile forums they will know exactly why this is needed when you call.

hope that helps.

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
Tmobile give webnwalk with the n900

i had to call them up and they changed it free of charge to webnwalk plus which has all ports open.

hope that helps...

solved all my issues straight away took 5-10 minutes on the phone just ask that your data package is changed to webnwalk plus as its a smartphone seen similar issues on the t-mobile forums they will know exactly why this is needed when you call.

hope that helps.
could you let me know the exact numer you called and exactly how you phrased the request? i just had a 30 minute conversation with tmobile tech support and he had never heard of "webnwalk" or "webnwalk plus". I explained that my current dtata package does not have all ports open and that certain applications on my phone required this. Toward the end of the convo i was put on speaker phone so i assume a manager or someone else was listening in. I calmly explained the issue again and referred to "webnwalk" and "webnwalk plus" and they still had no idea what I was talking about.

Any additional info you could provide to hel me out would be greatly appreciated.

i think webnwalk might just be tmobile uk and you are in us

that would indeed be an issue... hehe

In my initial post I did mean US Tmobile, not overseas.