Active Topics

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Looks pretty nice, after trying to use XP and Mac OSX on an S10 recently I like the idea of a dedicated Netbook OS with quick shortcuts for things.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
btw, do they still use hildon? i found some references to it on pages about moblin published years ago, but the only current system overview i found doesn't mention it specifically.
Probably not. The new UI is mostly based in clutter, and the hildon libs appear now in the deprecated list on the moblin git.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Is Gnome's Network Manager so horrible? Every other GTK-based "mobile desktop" seems to be developing its own "Connection Manager Daemon".

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Is Gnome's Network Manager so horrible? Every other GTK-based "mobile desktop" seems to be developing its own "Connection Manager Daemon".
Yes, Network Manager is the worst.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Moblin 2.0 looks great!

Just watched a video from jkkmobile who tested moblin 2.0 beta on his EEE 900HA (and a MID S5 in the last 5 minutes or so).

Basically looks pretty, but scored low on usability (and not at all on MID in current state). Given it is still beta, so hopefully feedback from end users will help.

Tags
moblin, ubuntu