Active Topics

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Thank you for this new version. It starts looking very professional

After a (very short and quick) test I can report the following:

I successfully played movies / music / pictures from my QNAP 459Pro NAS (running Twonky 6.0.38) to my Samsung D6510 Smart-TV (Firmware 1.0.19). Also played video from my notebook (Win7) to the same TV.

The volume setting works fine. So does the seek function. Haptic feedback on long press works fine too.
Thanks

My main concerns with this version are with usability.

- It would be nice if the progress bar would have a nice knob like the volume bar has. Yes it works without knob and if you want to do without or it cannot be done then at least increase the space between the play/pause and stop buttons and the progress bar. It's easy to hit the buttons if you try set the progress bar there.
The seeking should match the seeking in the N9's music player. I don't really like the large knob of the volume thing but it's the best I could come up with.

- When something is playing on the renderer nothing else can be played by long press in the media list unless you press stop first on the renderer page. Long press and play on ... should stop anything that is playing at the moment and start playing the new selection. Alternatively a previous and next button on the renderer page would be nice.
That sounds like a limitation of your renderer. It works for my WDTV live (and should do so everywhere according to UPnP).

This works fine for me on both a Sony Bravia TV and Sony stereo (sorry, I don't have the model information to hand) - playing media from a mindlna server and the n9.

The only usability issue I found was that when switching between different media (for example from playing a video to showing a picture) helium would forget the renderer chosen. I think it might be better to assume that the previous renderer should be used.

Incidentally, a future feature that would be useful for me would be to set a default renderer. I would only use the n9 as a remote with my stereo so it would be useful not to have to set this each time.

Apropos the post above, I didn't need to stop the media in order to play something new - a long press on something new would start it right away.

I am looking forward to playlist support, which would make this pretty feature-complete for me. Tbh, I don't mind too much about manipulating playlists, but it would be nice to be able to play an album/folder rather than just individual tracks.

Thanks for your work on this.

Last edited by scoobertron; 2012-06-07 at 13:46.

Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
The only usability issue I found was that when switching between different media (for example from playing a video to showing a picture) helium would forget the renderer chosen. I think it might be better to assume that the previous renderer should be used.
Hm, that works for me and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Do you get the "Player disappeared" dialog=

Incidentally, a future feature that would be useful for me would be to set a default renderer. I would only use the n9 as a remote with my stereo so it would be useful not to have to set this each time.
Good point, I added it to the issues list.

I am looking forward to playlist support, which would make this pretty feature-complete for me. Tbh, I don't mind too much about manipulating playlists, but it would be nice to be able to play an album/folder rather than just individual tracks.
Yes, that's the main use-case I had in mind.

Thanks for your work on this.
You're welcome.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I have tested with Yamaha RX-A810 receiver playing mp3-songs from the phone. Works, no problems whatsoever.

What I would like to have is a quick search bar (like in the contacts app or default music player) in the media list. I have a lot of music in the phone so it takes ages to scroll down the list.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
What I would like to have is a quick search bar (like in the contacts app or default music player) in the media list. I have a lot of music in the phone so it takes ages to scroll down the list.
Yes, I know; unfortunately the section scroll bar in QML is slightly broken with C++ models and the way I need to use them here so I couldn't really add that.

Adding a search/filter entry might be a doable thing, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Hi, thanks for writing the software!
I have tried it on my N9 and it doesn't work for me. When I start Helium the Servers page is empty (I am running ps3mediaserver on my Debian-running PC) and the renderers page is also empty (I have a Sony Bravia streaming content).

What am I doing wrong? The phone is connected via WiFi to the same network as the PC and TV.

Thanks for any help!

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
@Phako :

I copied the config options from BraviaEX.conf to N900.conf for PS3MediaServer for codec compatibility. Now, I dont see any exclamation marks when I browse Ps3Mediaserver . But, I am still unable to play any file as still get the following

INFO 2012-05-08 23:08:20.694 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/file.avi
INFO 2012-05-08 23:08:24.701 [StopPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/file.avi

While this happened, PS3Mediaserver actually showed that it was transcoding the file , but soon stopped it due to the playback stop event shown above.
I get this same thing with the new version. Not able to play from ps3mediaserver to Sony Bravia 40EX700 TV .

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Tried Helium 0.5 with with N9's media server and my Philips 9606 TV - working on both images and video. I don't have other media servers installed to try them. Also working with WDTV Live as renderer.
Great work! I am not a DLNA user, but immediately noticed need for fast scroll and/or search option as I have like 2k images.

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-06-14 at 06:56.

Tried 0.5 yesterday with my WDTV Live. It's working but felt much slower than before..Changing of media titles takes 10-15 seconds to be reflected on my WDTV Live. But it could also be the new firmware update of the WDTV live that causes this.

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
I get this same thing with the new version. Not able to play from ps3mediaserver to Sony Bravia 40EX700 TV .
Yes, nothing has changed in this regard. I've still no clue what's happening there.