Notices

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
Yahoo changed the weather page, the script that should extract information from it must be fixed.

If you want to do it you can find the script in /opt/qtlockscreen/weatherwidget.sh

what exactly is to be changed? i am not able to get weather displayed in the lockscreen, i changed to the new url (http://weather.yahoo.com/LOCATION/) still nothing what else has to be changed, i do have the 0.1.27 version

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by luunaitk12 View Post
what exactly is to be changed?
The weatherwidget.sh script (it's in /opt/qtlockscreen/ directory).
Just fix it to parse the new yahoo weather (or the weather service you want to use) and outputs informations in the format:
Code:
Current: XX
Conditions: XXXXXXXX
High: XX
Low: XX
Image: /tmp/XXXXX.png
https://www.assembla.com/code/qtlock...dget.sh?rev=96

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
The weatherwidget.sh script (it's in /opt/qtlockscreen/ directory).
Just fix it to parse the new yahoo weather (or the weather service you want to use) and outputs informations in the format:
Code:
Current: XX
Conditions: XXXXXXXX
High: XX
Low: XX
Image: /tmp/XXXXX.png
https://www.assembla.com/code/qtlock...dget.sh?rev=96
sorry for asking you again, but which lines in the weatherwidget.sh are to be replaced with the code?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ indonesia
Any one can help me this my problem?

Attached Images

Hey, which package is for N900? I'm new at this and dont know what I need to do, please help me.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Just open the application manager on your n900, and download qtlockscreen. It's currently at version 0.1.27.
The lockscreens that have been made can be found in Extras and devel.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
is it possible that i can change the wallpaper of qtlockscreen ? like the one here ,actually i do have other great wallpapers on my N900 main window , but how do i change the lockscreen wallpaper to look alike the one i have on my main window ?

This post inspired me to fiddle with the mentioned file in hope of finding a solution for the problem with QtLockscreen freezing for a moment after the power button is pressed. I added "/usr/bin/qtlockscreen" in the section called "[classify sysutils]" and after a reboot the freezing is gone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
This post inspired me to fiddle with the mentioned file in hope of finding a solution for the problem with QtLockscreen freezing for a moment after the power button is pressed. I added "/usr/bin/qtlockscreen" in the section called "[classify sysutils]" and after a reboot the freezing is gone.
I wouldn't put it into sysutils category, just because that's used for stuff like dsme, mce, dbus-daemon (only entries I have in there). However, I would put it where the standard lockscreen's file resides - which I believe is part of the 'systemui' package. And /usr/bin/systemui is in the [classify desktop] section. I'm going to test qtlockscreen in this section right now, brb.

I just realized there's a seperate category for the browser, maps, e-mail, etc, too. Which of course only contain the stock Nokia applications. People should try out putting alternative browsers, maps, e-mail clients, into this area, and see if they work better/worse.

[Edit]
Yes, putting it in the [classify desktop] section seems to work fine too. Now I imagined this meant that the [DateTime] widget of the QTLockscreen, no longer needs to have a rather short (couple minutes) of a 'background update' time, because it should now always update as soon as it displays anyway. So I set the auto-update interval in my QTLockscreen.ini file to 3600 seconds (i.e. 60 minutes, i.e. hour), and it looks like it's correctly up to date from the moment you see it anyway.

Granted, my QtLockscreen.ini file is ancient, and there's probably been some more features added since I last updated, so for all I know the background update thing just gets ignored now.

[Edit 2]
Nvm, you can still see that the time takes a tiny bit to update, if you leave the N900 locked for a while, before re-checking. So the auto-update setting for the datetime widget does still seem to have its use.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-10-06 at 19:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I wouldn't put it into sysutils category, just because that's used for stuff like dsme, mce, dbus-daemon (only entries I have in there). However, I would put it where the standard lockscreen's file resides - which I believe is part of the 'systemui' package. And /usr/bin/systemui is in the [classify desktop] section. I'm going to test qtlockscreen in this section right now, brb.
"[classify desktop]" was the first place where I tried to put it and initially it seemed to work, but half an hour later I was saddened to find out that the freezing was back. Then I decided to try with "system" partition, of which "sysutils" looked like the most suitable category and QtLockscreen held up smooth for well over a day, interrupted by a reboot due to curiosity caused by your post (I'm *almost* certain that I checked for typos after such traumatic disappointment ).

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post: