Notices

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Sorry for bumping old thread but my alarm is also kind of slow. When I tap on stop to stop alarm, it takes quite a few seconds (5-10 I guess) to stop the alarm. It wasn't the case before. I am using Nokia's clock and not the community developed alternative. Also I don't have many alarms (2 active, 2 inactive). Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Sorry for bumping old thread but my alarm is also kind of slow. When I tap on stop to stop alarm, it takes quite a few seconds (5-10 I guess) to stop the alarm. It wasn't the case before. I am using Nokia's clock and not the community developed alternative. Also I don't have many alarms (2 active, 2 inactive). Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
More likely to be the system being slow not the alarm clock.
I guess it doesn't do it after a reboot?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
More likely to be the system being slow not the alarm clock.
I guess it doesn't do it after a reboot?
Reboot doesn't helps at all. In idle state, cpu usage is about 19%. RAM usage seems to be 79%. I guess RAM usage is higher even in new N900. So not sure what's causing that. Besides, it only happens with alarms and not with anything else like receiving calls and so forth.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
is your alarm ringtone a big file? when i was using quite large and long mp3 (>5mb) i had similar problems sometimes, using smaller sound files made it less annoying. Still, sometimes i also have issues, but mainly related to wild uncontrolled screen rotations when phone is laying flat - when alarm goes on, the screen turns on and the alarm popup gets displayed in landscape, then in protrait and in landscape again - which makes it unable to disable the alarm in less than few seconds - maybe you have similar problem?

I also thought its because of large file so I did changed the alarm tone to default tones but it didn't helped. In my case I don't see the landscape to portrait switching problem. The alarm pops up almost always in landscape (while in flat surface). Don't know what is causing problem.

Does it also take 5-10 seconds right after unlocking the screen for icons on the desktop to unfreeze (is click animation working)?

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Does it also take 5-10 seconds right after unlocking the screen for icons on the desktop to unfreeze (is click animation working)?
The alarm with snooze/view/stop appears in time. Once I click on stop button, it takes 5-10 seconds to stop the sound (as well as to disappear the alarm window). Until the alarm stops, I repeatedly press the stop button. The button press is probably not registered in first click (screen doesn't have any problem as per experience from other apps).

No it doesn't take 5-10 seconds for desktop to work after unlocking screen. Clicking icons works soon after. Although sometimes desktop icons doesn't works at all and I have to do killall -9 hildon-desktop to make it work. But that's a complete different story.