Notices

This project looks very promising! One of my biggest annoyances is that the N900 doesn't have a proper sync possibilty with Google Calendar incl multiple calendars.
I can't test Erminig right now but I will certainly try it asap.
But you mentioned also a GUI, when do you think this is ready for testing?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Quanzel View Post
But you mentioned also a GUI, when do you think this is ready for testing?
That's a good question. I will avoid to make firm commitments to any date, but here's the release plan, very roughly (each line corresponds to a distinct release):

- fixes for items with diacritics; transition to a C wrapper to interact with the CCalendar API (by the end of this week)

- support for birthday calendar (to be confirmed once I've checked the API), support for recurrent events, code clean-up

- GUI, plus any other bug fix for issues found up to that point. This will also be the moment when I will properly package the application, since it will be also usable by people not comfortable with the command line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
A few instruction here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Sync#Synchronising_with_Google

There was also a post (several of them in fact) on the forum with some more information...
Thank you buddy, it worked like a charm!

SInce there's no python binding to access CCalendar DB, I will write a C++ wrapper library that will be used by Erminig-NG to access easily the Calendaring API. This should be rather straightforward (famous last words), and I hope to get that new version out by this Sunday.

First of all, thanks for this! I started working on the same thing (2-way multi-calendar sync), but only got as far as playing with the python-gdata and wrapping the necessary parts of the calendar-backend API with C (accessed using python ctypes). Was figuring out recurring events in the calendar-backend API when I was last working on it.

I'm gonna ditch my own effort and start playing with this. Hopefully I'll have some contributions soon.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Just out of curiosity, why don't you guys use mail for exchange?
So far I have been able to update both ways.

Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
Just out of curiosity, why don't you guys use mail for exchange?
So far I have been able to update both ways.
Already answered that in this post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=469828&postcount=5

I'm sure other people will have additional arguments...

- fixes for items with diacritics; transition to a C wrapper to interact with the CCalendar API (by the end of this week)
ahem, here's why I really love putting dates in my release plans. I will not be able to release a new pre-version of Erminig-NG by the end of the weekend as I initially thought.

I somewhat crashed my development environment, and coupled with the repository outage made for a not really productive weekend. Well, in any case I got everything running again, and I'm progressing toward my goal, albeit with a few days of delays. All my apologies!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
I have 2 accounts on google, one personal and one work one (from google apps). The personal one has my personal calendars, the work one, my work calendars (that were added by work, not me).

why not let your personal one have access to the work one (or the other way around)
Or if you really dont want that, make another account that you just use for synching and let that account have the calendars of both personal and work?

ahem, here's why I really love putting dates in my release plans. I will not be able to release a new pre-version of Erminig-NG by the end of the weekend as I initially thought.

I somewhat crashed my development environment, and coupled with the repository outage made for a not really productive weekend. Well, in any case I got everything running again, and I'm progressing toward my goal, albeit with a few days of delays. All my apologies!
Thanks for the "update".

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
I agree with Quanzel that this is one of the most important applications in development. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long for someone to pick up the task.

That said, is there anything other than feedback that the community can give you to help this along?

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization