Active Topics

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Yes, thread opening style is a where I will look into in next release. Certainly needs some improvement. Sometimes the app crashes, when opening to last post.

also, need to check out the space in username issue, as reported by Ajmal. But I fear it might be a limitation of system Accounts manager.
Can someone confirm?

And PM, that's something even I look forward to. Means adding almost 30% more of the present code. But certainly an interesting challenge

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Can someone confirm what are the thread opening modes that tmo support?

First post?
Last post?
First unread? (first new is same thing?)

I see that u removed the “button” pressed like visual on each of the message card. It's a good move as the action tended to become unbearable visually to the eye when the page photo heavy and causing dizziness.

thanks for the good

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I see that u removed the “button” pressed like visual on each of the message card. It's a good move as the action tended to become unbearable visually to the eye when the page photo heavy and causing dizziness.

thanks for the good
yes, I still want to give some visual feedback on press, but scaling isn't visually attractive for long lists. Made me really dizzy. I'm open to new ideas on this part.

also, funny thing is that, if I use a resource hungry webpage to display msg cards, scrolling is smooth, but if I use minimal resource using text component to display the msgs, then it stutters sometimes.
Quite trolling..

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Bibek, can you add a toggle which says: "always jump to the last unread post of the topic"

Would be nice to have this, because now I have to do this everytime I want to read a topic that I (actively) follow.

You can do vice-versa if the option "always jump to the last unread post of the topic" is enabled, and once you hold down a topic, it will show: "Go to the first post".
Seconded. I'd claim "Opening the last unread post" is what most people most of the time want to do, and so should be the default. Who enjoys reading old posts except occasionally ?

This was my biggest gripe with the old version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Seconded. I'd claim "Opening the last unread post" is what most people most of the time want to do, and so should be the default. Who enjoys reading old posts except occasionally ?

This was my biggest gripe with the old version.
This would be great. But the "Jump to Page" shouldn't be removed.

Agree. Already on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted by bibek View Post
yes, I still want to give some visual feedback on press, but scaling isn't visually attractive for long lists. Made me really dizzy. I'm open to new ideas on this part.

also, funny thing is that, if I use a resource hungry webpage to display msg cards, scrolling is smooth, but if I use minimal resource using text component to display the msgs, then it stutters sometimes.
Quite trolling..
If you really want give some visual feedback on press, why not darken the BG around the post "bubbles" (where it shows "page x of y")? Just an idea. I don't really think you need to show feedback, maybe add a setting?

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Am I the only one that sees only blank screens after login?
Once I delete the account i can see the posts/categories again.
Logging in again -> blank screens...

log attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt forum.txt (3.3 KB, 85 views)

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
@bibek Mate, this app is superb, I had installed the original about 6 months ago but it was a mess - this is now totally useable and works just fine. Thanks so much for your hard work! :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 6, tmobile