Notices

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Shane Kerr View Post
I just went to uninstall and got the following:
Maybe this can help the packager.
Thank you; that does help. I am really sorry about that error... I thought I'd found out what was causing it and fixed it, but obviously not.

If anyone runs into it and still has Freeciv installed, I would really appreciate it if you could do this in a terminal:
dpkg --get-selections > /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/installed-software

... and attach or send me the installed-software file it creates.(It's a list of all the packages you have installed.) I was able to reproduce this earlier after reflashing, but not anymore; it may be a package causing the problem or a lack of one... or something else entirely.

(And a belated "you're welcome" to mannakiosk. Thank you for posting quickly when you had a problem!)

just me or does escape not work ingame ? , ( iv binded it to "left arrow" : key <LEFT> { [ period, comma, Escape, Escape ] }; , swedish keyboard layout http://natisbad.org/N900/rx-51 )

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Thanks, you gits. I have now gone back to the days when I used to play civ solidly for hours.

Is there a guide to the ui anywhere? I'm not sure what some of the icons do so am messing up my first game on this device by trial and error (that's my excuse anyway)

The Following User Says Thank You to mrmoosehead For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
s there a guide to the ui anywhere?
I would like to know too...
Anybody knows a way to enter the freecivpedia in game to check what building does what?

I usually go to the units civpedia - which is accessible , then switch to technologies a then to buildings.....its quite usable..

Originally Posted by Magik View Post
I would like to know too...
Anybody knows a way to enter the freecivpedia in game to check what building does what?

I did an update of freeciv. The newest version 2.3.1 is now available in extras-devel.

The game crashes the first time, because it didnt find freeciv-client-rc-2.3. You should also change in options / interface the screen resolution from 640x480 to 800x480 and save the local options.

After this the game should run ver smooth.

Start a new game takes about 5-10 seconds, so please wait.

So, in order to set the difficulty you will have to type "/easy", "/novice" (standard), "/normal" or "/hard".

Also you can alter the size of the map ("/set size 10"), change the number of AI players ("/set aifill 10") and so on.

"/help" brings up a small help page.
Have fun.

Last edited by HolgerN; 2012-03-30 at 11:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Great work again HolgerN

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have found an issue in the Nation Pick Up Screen. You can only select a few nations from the beginning of the list because when you click in one of them, the nation selected corresponds to a different one in the list which will be located in a previous place in the list.

This could be fixed in 2.3.2

Bug fixes in 2.3.2:
Nation selection dialog:

Only the first 256 of the available nations could be selected (up to the Omanis). GNA#19065
The next/previous buttons for leader selection did not redraw properly. GNA#19068

I will update freeciv to 2.3.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Is there any support for other tilesets in this port? Square/Orthagonal tiles would be a lot easier to click on when on the bus.

Tags
freeciv sdl, games, new port