Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Mine also stopped working today (or maybe last night, I recognized it when I woke up today morning). I haven't got any error messages. It just doesn't reconnect anymore. This has happened at least once before, and that time it was Whatsapp server's fault. And it started to work again after a while. Anyone else having connection problems?
This is what I also had and when I tried to re-register I got the error message "old version" so I think we need a protocol update or that's the end of native whatsapp support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatsJolla For This Useful Post:
same here, no connection anymore...so I will quit whatsapp at all....no android app, never :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kneeli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by kneeli View Post
same here, no connection anymore...so I will quit whatsapp at all....no android app, never :-)

Same here, not just the connection issues but the androiod client is just way too low for our taste

We still keep the faith in the maintainers of whatsup, we wont give up on you guys

Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
Same here, not just the connection issues but the androiod client is just way too low for our taste

We still keep the faith in the maintainers of whatsup, we wont give up on you guys
Yeah would be nice but I guess maintaining doesn't make sense since the protocol it relying on is for S40 phones and will be blocked by whatsapp by the end of this year

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by PatsJolla View Post
Yeah would be nice but I guess maintaining doesn't make sense since the protocol it relying on is for S40 phones and will be blocked by whatsapp by the end of this year
True enough but it is a long way from january 1st, or did I loose track of time ?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Has someone managed to get some info from the developers ?

Currently, I've switched to the official Android client from WhatsApp.
But the interface seems aweful to me...

The Following User Says Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Currently, I've switched to the official Android client from WhatsApp.
But the interface seems aweful to me...
Ditto, and ditto.

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
I stay offline and wait, if there will be some progress

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I get in every registration attempt a message: Error, Server response was : old_version. And I have the latest Whatsup 0.2-7 version.

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."

Originally Posted by tangent View Post
I get in every registration attempt a message: Error, Server response was : old_version. And I have the latest Whatsup 0.2-7 version.
Thats what I also got. I didn't try mitakuulu but i can imagine it will have the same problem (same protocol), so we are stuck with the android client

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup