Closed Thread
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
This is an experimental thread to help newcomers getting basic questions answered. It has certain rules.

If you have a question
  1. Check http://maemo.nokia.com (users) and http://forum.nokia.com/maemo (developers)
  2. Check the Frequently Asked Questions
  3. Use the Search

If at this point you still have a question... reply to this thread writing one question and only one in a single sentence.

If you need to get into longer details or you want to share your opinions etc then you surely want to start a new thread instead.

If you have an answer
  • Quote & reply the original question.
  • Reply with a single sentence containing a link - or even better a link alone.
  • Ideally the link should point to a static/wiki nokia.com or maemo.org page. Sending people to long threads, mail discussions or even micro/blog posts is not a sustainable solution.
  • If this question has been raised several times feel free adding the answer to Frequently Asked Questions and point to it in your answer here.
  • If in addition of your answer you want to discuss further, don't do it here. Just add a link to the existing or new thread.

Posts not following these rules might be deleted without further explanation, for instance discussion posts, Me too's, Thank You's, funny jokes and so on. Each of these exceptions is innocent in its own but all together might just add the % of noise we want to avoid for newcomers.

fwiw the idea of this thread came from: A small suggestion from a bear of very little brain.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
OK; I'll play.

Can I used the n900 to record sound files (like an mp3 recorder), taking advantage of its great storage?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Can I used the n900 to record sound files (like an mp3 recorder), taking advantage of its great storage?
Not out of the box. The Recorder hasn't been ported to Maemo 5 yet, you can ask the developers or create a brainstorm proposal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Thank you!

If I take an n900 somewhere where there's no GPRS signal, will it strangle its battery trying to connect? (I live in Cornwall so this happens a lot!)

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
As it is 'always connected' does the n900 consume data just 'staying in touch' even when I'm not using it? If so, how much?

The n900 manual seems to imply I can't add or edit playlists in the media player: does this mean I can't categorise my music by type (classical, jazz, rock) to play according to my mood? Seriously?

Please describe the simplest, most user friendly and most function-rich ways an n900 can view and edit office type documents so I can choose between them.

How long is it likely to be before someone cracks 'the MMS problem'? (Or is that 'how long is a piece of string?')

Is it true that 'rapier' Bible software will run on an n900 out of the box? Is it very hard to achieve?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Can I used the n900 to record sound files
Yes, use the video camera and ignore the picture.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted