Closed Thread
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
A lot of apps are not allowed to be published at the moment due to qt4.6 / PR1.2
Hopefully this means a flood of new apps along with the firmware update

Sure Hope so.
Nokia is recently launch n900 in Austria, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Just visited Nokia Taiwan and Hong Kong, seen like they are getting ready to launch the N900, the Nokia Taiwan site now have N900 posted with "Coming Soon".

Either Nokia is trying to get rid of the left over N900 in stock or Decided to support it by entering the N900 to more global market.

Last edited by alphazero1; 2010-04-01 at 22:53.

Originally Posted by Freemantle View Post
again with the fart apps. please. if that's all you think the iphone has then you aren't really qualified to comment. If it's just a cheap dig, then it's a naive one.

and the iphone has tom tom or co-pilot. what's your point?

Again. The N900 is a fantastic device for what it can do. But in an app competition it doesn't even qualify for entry.
I was tagging on to the comment that ken-young made. he was showign that we have some apps that are on par with the iphone apops. SYGIC is one of them. now you have my point

Originally Posted by madnes View Post
After 3 months with this device:

- N900 is a poor mobile phone. Cant even do things that very cheap mobiles can (mms, 3g video calls, one hand sms, etc...).

- N900 is a mediocre tablet. I mean, what sort of tablet doesnt give you an office suite? If you want to edit an xls, you should mess up with google docs etc. Even mid-range smartphones have an option to get a full office suite.

A solid, good quality device, but rather poor in terms of usability.

From a developers point of view, it may be the perfect tool. For everyday people/end users, its usability is rather limited.

Such a promising device but not warmly supported from the manufacturer.
Every single device you can think of is "limited in terms of usability" no device is perfect and so it has limits. the limits you describe here seem to be small potatoes (for my uses at least) and no big deal. it's not limited for me at all. ubt thats why you mbuy a device acroding to who yo9u are and what you need it for not because of popular opinion or because its the latest product

Originally Posted by madnes View Post
You re missing the point.
Its not a matter of lazyness.
Its a matter of time.
I dont have the time to search and try and blah blah blah.
I need just to go to the nokia store, buy the application, install it, and work with it.

So next time, either speak for yourself, or try not to speculate about others behaviour.
some people it is a matter of lazyiness. and the author you are quoting said "if". for some people that is the case

Let's not forget that Maemo is about to be ditched by Nokia. Anyone want to buy an N900?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Maemo is not about to be ditched. We will see Maemo 6, and we will see Maemo converge into MeeGo.

I'm locking this thread, I'm sick of seeing imbeciles sprouting lies and untruths. Please grow up, all of you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
full of sboj evets, on a troll ting, trolling is easy, trolling is fun, trolling is my bag baby, very worst thread ever, worst thread ever, would you like to shag