Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#191
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Are you using alternative repos since the Nokia's shut?
Eg. see here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Repository#fre...ources.list.29

or
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95870


There's a direct link to the required packages for bzip2 in this thread if you're stuck:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72260
Thanks, that fixed the bzip2 problem, but after the installation procedure (with the Application manager), I get the yellow popup window saying OpenDune cannot install. And the mystery still remains why it stopped working in the first place.
__________________
21.2011.38-1Smaemo7 (CSSU Stable)
2.6.28.10power53 (not overclocked)
Yes, I search before posting.
 
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
#192
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I get the yellow popup window saying OpenDune cannot install.
Probably because postinst tries to download from dead links. fixed.
I also tried to upgrade to latest version but there are some problems with sound. Needs more investigation.
 
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#193
Originally Posted by zod View Post
Probably because postinst tries to download from dead links. fixed.
I also tried to upgrade to latest version but there are some problems with sound. Needs more investigation.
Still won't install. I actually see it installed and there are opendune files and I can successfully uninstall it, but there is no OpenDune icon so I can't start the game.
(this is not new, it was happening when I first saw a problem a few days ago)
__________________
21.2011.38-1Smaemo7 (CSSU Stable)
2.6.28.10power53 (not overclocked)
Yes, I search before posting.
 
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#194
So it looks like what originally happened was that OpenDune would not start because it could not find dune,cfg in MyDocs/games/DUNE2, and this is because my MyDocs got destroyed. This a guess, though.

Then, running opendune.sh from /home/opt/usr/games, it compains it cannot load the data file. The data file should, I guess, come from /usr/share/games/opendune/data, which has a put_dune2_here.txt file.

To summarize, I think originally OpenDune could not run because of my MyDocs mishap, and now it won't run because the fresh install is not correct.
__________________
21.2011.38-1Smaemo7 (CSSU Stable)
2.6.28.10power53 (not overclocked)
Yes, I search before posting.
 
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
#195
Originally Posted by chill View Post
To summarize, I think originally OpenDune could not run because of my MyDocs mishap, and now it won't run because the fresh install is not correct.
In my /usr/share/games/opendune folder there are 'data' symlink to '/home/user/MyDocs/Games/DUNE2/' folder. You copied/already have original dune files in /usr/share/games/opendune/data/?
You can also check output of 'apt-get remove opendune' and 'apt-get install opendune'. Installer should download data files for you but I think postinstall script fails for some reason.
 
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#196
Originally Posted by zod View Post
In my /usr/share/games/opendune folder there are 'data' symlink to '/home/user/MyDocs/Games/DUNE2/' folder. You copied/already have original dune files in /usr/share/games/opendune/data/?
You can also check output of 'apt-get remove opendune' and 'apt-get install opendune'. Installer should download data files for you but I think postinstall script fails for some reason.
No, my files are different:

/usr/share/games/opendune $ cd data
/usr/share/games/opendune/data $ ls
dune.cfg put_dune2_here.txt

~/MyDocs/Games/DUNE2 $ ls
~/MyDocs/Games/DUNE2 $

Ok will check apt-get.
__________________
21.2011.38-1Smaemo7 (CSSU Stable)
2.6.28.10power53 (not overclocked)
Yes, I search before posting.
 
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#197
Here is what happened:

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install opendune
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
bzip2
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bzip2 opendune
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.
Need to get 243kB of archives.
After this operation, 631kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
bzip2
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get:1 http://maemo.muarf.org ./ bzip2 1:1.0.5-3+0m5 [51.5kB]
Get:2 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free opendune 0.7.2555-maemo9 [192kB]
Fetched 243kB in 3s (65.9kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package bzip2.
(Reading database ... 37880 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking bzip2 (from .../bzip2_1%3a1.0.5-3+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package opendune.
Unpacking opendune (from .../opendune_0.7.2555-maemo9_armel.deb) ...
Setting up bzip2 (1:1.0.5-3+0m5) ...
Setting up opendune (0.7.2555-maemo9) ...
ln: /opt/maemo/usr/share/games/opendune/data: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing opendune (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
opendune
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Nokia-N900:~#
__________________
21.2011.38-1Smaemo7 (CSSU Stable)
2.6.28.10power53 (not overclocked)
Yes, I search before posting.
 
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
#198
try 'apt-get update' first, I pushed opendune 0.7.2555-maemo10 to repositories yesterday. Then 'apt-get remove opendune' (if you have opendune already installed).
You can also try 'rm -rf /opt/maemo/usr/share/games/opendune/data'
If that doesn't help you can delete (or create) /opt/maemo/usr/share/games/opendune

Last edited by zod; 2017-02-26 at 14:14.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#199
Originally Posted by zod View Post
try 'apt-get update' first, I pushed opendune 0.7.2555-maemo10 to repositories yesterday. Then 'apt-get remove opendune' (if you have opendune already installed).
You can also try 'rm -rf /opt/maemo/usr/share/games/opendune/data'
If that doesn't help you can delete (or create) /opt/maemo/usr/share/games/opendune
I tried. It looks like what helps is creating /opt/maemo/usr/share/games/opendune/data
(it's not there before I attempt an install, and it's not there after the faulty install)

Then during install, there is a progress window saying it's downloading data - I've never seen that before.

Then once it's finished, there is a correct Dune icon in the list of apps, and there are files in the data directory - cool - but tapping on the icon does not start Dune.
__________________
21.2011.38-1Smaemo7 (CSSU Stable)
2.6.28.10power53 (not overclocked)
Yes, I search before posting.
 
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
#200
I suspect that this package was broken at last three years
New version is in repos and this time I also included updated scenario.pak file.

Try to update your repositries (apt-get update) and try to uninstall&install opendune once more.
Thank you for your patience!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36.