Notices

Hi all,

Apologies if this gets posted twice - thread didn't appear at 1st.

Got a new n770 from buy.com a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff!

Just done a new compile of dia - for gregale.

Only a tad rough round the edges - very usable! Text input is via cut'n'paste at the moment, but, it works.

I'm not a debian person - been working with Linux since the days of the 1st Slackware releases on floppy disk (!) and the 0.9.11 kernel, but mostly using tgz, bz2 and rpms, so not used to packaging for .deb - but if I can get to that I'll do it at some point and put it up in the garage.

If there's interest, I can look at developing the port further, but, it's useful for my job which is why I've done it at all. It works well enough for that for me to use it right now, but it's a WiP port really for now.

Had to install some libs (and devel libs - I compiled it on the tablet itself since I haven't had time to get the dev. env. up and running just yet).

Kind regards

Derek Jones

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I am very interested I actually use DIA at work!!!
Keep it up!

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
I would be very interested in this, do have a place where I can download it form?

Hi,

Nothing uploaded anywhere yet. I only got the port done yesterday (7/31) and am heads down in work today - with similar prospect for the next week or so. It may be a lttile while but hopefully I can put a tarball at least up sometime in the next week perhaps.

It'll be crude. You'll need some tweaks too. But nothing so dramatic that it can't be done as long as you are OK with vi and a shell prompt

Then, hopefully , at some point, I'll experiment with kbd access and hildonization. I left a note on Michael's blog (who did a port some time back apparently, but only for OS2005) - and perhaps he'll have some other hints for me.

Later,

Derek.

Hi all,

matchbox-keyboard with the load/run applet works perfectly with dia, and I can launch dia that way too.

Derek

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Can wait for the final release
Maybe you can add some updated images I hated there black and white :P

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
I would be keen on a copy of that too.
How do you get the huge dialogs on the screen - have you reordered them?

Hi,

I hit the dialog size issue this week myself trying to use it to do SQL schema design with the UML sheet (for conversion with tedia2sql).

Looked at the dialog GTK code. Wondering if I can make a simple hack to wrap the dialog in a GTK scrollbox. Anyone done anything like that - got an example?

Kind regards

Derek

Last edited by scunacc; 2007-08-18 at 10:10.