I have recently had this message pop up from the battery monitor.
I am wondering if anyone has had this certain issue with their n9 as well. I have not changed anything on my phone in the last week, and today the battery went from 46% to 9% in 3 hours, while in idle!! The only thing I can think of is when I came home, it never switched from 3g to wifi, as it usually does automatically. Perhaps it still being on 3g caused this drainage? If that is the case, that really sucks when no wifi is available. And of course, I cant simply turn off internet connections as we all know the n9 continually scans for a connection, even though all settings are turned off.
Any suggestions on this?

I am still on pr1.1 also. So the google accounts act up every once in a while?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Over the weekends with MFE turned off, my idle usage is about 15-17.

During the week with MFE on its running in the 40-60 range. No amount of creating/deleting desktop links changes it.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
3G data connections are certainly more power hungry than WiFi, although that's probably not the sole culprit, half of your battery in 3hrs is a lot, unless of course you were actually using your phone.
You do have to consider the trade off on how often you want stuff to sync vs how long you want the battery to last all the same.
I tend to to disconnect internet if WiFi isn't around and I'm not using it, but you'll find what works for you over time.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
It's the CPU usage, on mine it's from the RSS app. I suggest Conky or some other app that can show you the total cpu time used for each process.

I've had the same problem -- I've done some checking using top, I can't identify any particular process that's consuming overly large amounts of CPU. But this is definitely an issue that I am trying to find more information about

I am having the same problem. It seems that while checking my gmail account it never ends...
The issue I find also is that I cannot stop that synchronization. I have cancelled the mail check, I have closed fenix, and it is still checking...

yup same here..

it keeps checking my hotmail.. no matter what i do itll keep checking it even though there is nothing to check and nothing happens..
major battery killer at this moment

iv tried deleting it and re-adding the account... it seemed to work fine for a day, but now back to its usual

of which now im encountering another problem.. my application data is full and i almost cant do anything now (note that im still experiencing the sync service battery drainage)

flashing phone now..

I have the same problem with gmail, sync never ends and i can turn it off, i had this problem in pr1.2, so i tought flashing to 1.3 will fix it, but no, what else i can do? flashing emmc? hard reset? ?żż