I drive for long distances , and i noticed that while am charging the phone there are no GPS signal , but once i remove the charger , the signal is there in couple of seconds .
is it some software or hardware restriction ?

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I have this problem too. Without charger works perfect, with charger the GPS signal is lost many times.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't think it's software related problem...I don't have problems with GPS while charging.

Cssu installed
21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3.1

IIRC the FM transmitter is disabled while charging, wonder if that's related.

This cannot be true. Without plugging into my car charger my battery will only last a couple of hours on gps navigation. I always plug it in when using gps.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Funny. I have the same problem with N9

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Funny. I have the same problem with N9
I had the same problem with N9, but some people if they use the OEM car charger, there would be no problem, might be there is some specific connection required?

I used to have the same problem with N900 too, but it was later fixed either by a firmware update or some tweak I found here.

I dont have any of the issues that you say. I can use navigation, listen to music and charge all at once.

** Using Sygic Mobile Maps 10 **

Am using the Nokia car charger that came with the device , used others , and those made in china ones still nothing , probably it is something related to security issues , as you know all GPS chips stop receiving signal on high attitudes and high speeds , for forbidding using them in missiles or anything else . but while charging ? comeon !

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by mrk88 View Post
I dont have any of the issues that you say. I can use navigation, listen to music and charge all at once.

** Using Sygic Mobile Maps 10 **
It's not app related, I used the CloudGPS and gpsmeefo to see the raw data, as soon as I plugged in the charging cable, it lost the signal.