Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
Youtube doesn't work , vimeo and dailymotion is OK

It was a server error not CuteTube it's good again you can check it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to tom.l For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tom.l View Post
Hi everyone I hope the admin can approve on this post,

@marxian I can't contact with you mate so I wanted to tell you about somethings in CuteTube the symbian version.

The version I'm using now is 1.10.4 and There are some bugs:

1- Scrollbar goes crazy in some places like (description
section, changelog, etc..)
This is a problem with the Symbian ScrollBar component. It works fine with ListView, but not with Flickable for some reason.

2- "Transfer" when downloading a video you can't stop it it would re-start downloading again so you have to close CuteTube.
Works fine here.

3- "Transfer" when making queue list for downloading more than one video, it downloads the first one which started and the other stay in "Queued" status.
Works fine here. Concurrent downloads depends on the value chosen in the settings. If it is set to 1, then only one download will be performed at a time. The others will stay as 'Queued' until the previous one is completed (or is paused/canceled).

4- in proxy section the IP section is shorter than Port section it
should be the opposite.
Will fix for next release.

5- in (Settings --» Transfer --» Connections per transfer) the 4 option doesn't work it always go back to the last option you picked, if you selected 1 then change it to 4, when you download a video you'll see it 1 in the video options in "Transfer"
The global setting does not apply to existing downloads. You have to change those individually.

*Some features that would be nice to have:

1- 480p resolution support for YouTube.
Unfortunately, the old 480p format has been removed, and the new one is not compatible with the Symbian video player.

2- a black theme for the UI with white letters (without the grey
color)
That would be quite a big job considering how big the UI is. I don't think I would have enough time to test it properly.

3- a test button in proxy section to test the proxy if it works or
not and a section to put a link to test the proxy with it.
That sounds reasonable. I will add it to the TODO list for the next release.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Works fine here.
it's actually started to happen after updating "Transfer" with new features so how could I solve it?

Works fine here. Concurrent downloads depends on the value chosen in the settings. If it is set to 1, then only one download will be performed at a time. The others will stay as 'Queued' until the previous one is completed (or is paused/canceled).
the bug here as I see it is that if you set "Concurrent downloads" to 1/2/3/4/5 you'll have a Queued videos waiting to be downloaded but it stays Queued even after everything is completed

The global setting does not apply to existing downloads. You have to change those individually.
yes I know and sorry I didn't explain well, I mean if you set it to 4 and the previous was 1/2/3 and when you add a new video to download, it choose 1/2/3 it never choose 4 even if you select it manualy.

Unfortunately, the old 480p format has been removed, and the new one is not compatible with the Symbian video player.
ok then it's not important but I thought why not adding all types of resolutions.

That would be quite a big job considering how big the UI is. I don't think I would have enough time to test it properly.
I didn't know about that it's my mistake I thought it would be like a couple of buttons.

That sounds reasonable. I will add it to the TODO list for the next release.
thanks mate it's really annoying when you keep going back and forth just to test a proxy.

Today CuteTube can't play any YouTube video maybe there is some changes in YouTube API ? As I tried at the same moment to play the same video in the native browser and other browser and it played fine.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Had the same problem. It works again now.

The Following User Says Thank You to pmeuh For This Useful Post:
The pair function works with Cutetube (or QML)?

Asking specifically without log in into an account (want to know if just works by logging in).

Greetings.

@marxian where is the Sailfish version? -_-

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
Still not working for me , only works 10% of the time

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Athens
Nothing works here also..
Funny that at the same time, Musikloud is also broken..

Tags
youtube