Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,136 | Thanked: 1,893 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
#21
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
I'm referring to the Regional Settings not the Device Settings (Language). So, for example, while NE is correct in English for North East in my language it'd be NO. Because I'm able to pick Metric instead of Imperial (or well, Celsius instead of Fahrenheit) it makes sense the wind directions are also adjustable but I'm not even sure this is part of the Regional Settings...?
I think this is not correct.
You have to select your language for correct displaying of a wind directions.

Vlad.
 
Den in USA's Avatar
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 640 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
#22
Vlad - It would be "perfection" if in "tools" you could enter a string such as "Property of John Smith" and have it displayed at the bottom of the weather screen on the desktop. I have accomplished it the hard way by creating a bit map image with my name and phone number and bring that file in as my backround image.
 
Posts: 1,136 | Thanked: 1,893 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
#23
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Vlad - It would be "perfection" if in "tools" you could enter a string such as "Property of John Smith" and have it displayed at the bottom of the weather screen on the desktop. I have accomplished it the hard way by creating a bit map image with my name and phone number and bring that file in as my backround image.
Hi Den.
Behaviors Omweather and background is very strange. I need more information:
1. Version of OS
2. Version of Omweather
3. Screenshot from your device
4. Config file of omweather (You may take it in /var/lib/gconf/apps/maemo/%gconf.xml )

About your suggestion. I can create especial for you another applet for example it will have name "About me", where you can write a variety of information, and you'll see her on display of device.

Vlad.
 
Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
#24
I confirm Den's bug.
OS: Diablo 4.2008.36-5
OMWeather: 0.21.4 build 266

Background color is not saving or loading properly. Desired bgcolor can only be set through settings manually.

In attachments there are gconfs and screenshots right after boot and after manual setting of bgcolor.

Btw, there's no way for digits input using n810 hardware keyboard (e.g. bgcolor).
Attached Files
File Type: gz before.tar.gz (259.4 KB, 194 views)
File Type: gz after.tar.gz (268.4 KB, 214 views)
 

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,136 | Thanked: 1,893 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
#25
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
I confirm Den's bug.
OS: Diablo 4.2008.36-5
OMWeather: 0.21.4 build 266

Background color is not saving or loading properly. Desired bgcolor can only be set through settings manually.

In attachments there are gconfs and screenshots right after boot and after manual setting of bgcolor.

Btw, there's no way for digits input using n810 hardware keyboard (e.g. bgcolor).
Thanks.
I confirm this bug also.
I created the bug report.
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=93&atid=417
This bug will be fixed in version 0.21.5. It will be released on November 20.

What did you mean "no way for digits input n810 hardware keyboard." I can change bg color in "Pick a Colour" window using hardware keyboard.

Vlad.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
#26
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
What did you mean "no way for digits input n810 hardware keyboard." I can change bg color in "Pick a Colour" window using hardware keyboard.
Missed word )
"no way for digits input WITH n810 hardware keyboard."
The only field where I can input numbers using hardware keyboard is Color (HEX one), all the rest get letters.
 
Den in USA's Avatar
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 640 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
#27
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Hi Den. About your suggestion. I can create especial for you another applet for example it will have name "About me", where you can write a variety of information, and you'll see her on display of device.Vlad.
No thanks, but I appreciate your offer!
__________________
N800 / Diablo / 16gb int / 16gb ext / Globalsat BT-359 gps ..... Dell Streak 5 - Android 2.2.2
 
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
#28
An 'about me' applet would be pretty cool.

On the Home Page view, it would be cool to have a place where you can have a personal message, something like (Property of John Smith, click for more info) and an option to have a display picture.

If you click on the applet, then it brings up a UI similar to the OMWeather pop-up, with different tabs for different information about the owner. Basically giving out information about the owner so that if someone finds a lost tablet, they have the information on how to return it.

As for settings, it would have input fields for all the information, settings for font and colour, options for background colour and transparency, options for display picture and thumbnail size etc.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:04.