Originally Posted by tissot View Post
You got some nerves of steel jalyst.

My original idea was to wait for Cyan N9.... the day i could get some N9, no matter the color, i did.
My original plan was the same, and I ended up like you...

By the way, nice family portrait below! My girlfriend now has the Magenta N9 and I have to say in real life it looks absolutely stunning. Even I as a man would show it proudly to others!
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Heard an Ad for the N9 here in Pakistan on a local station. It started with the famous nokia jingle and then the voice said in a quite heavy base "The new phone from Nokia: N9. Go to swipe.nokia.com for more info".
I jumped out of my car seat as I thought the N9 was a non existent device but then I quickly realised i'm in Asia.

This was a few days after i saw giant posters for the N9 too.
Afaq
Thanks for the info – so you’re in Pak?
My wife is there and has a black 64GB N9 that I bought in Qatar recently – I am in the US and travel to pak often – good to see that nokia is advertising the N9 there- saw an ad in Karachi that a Pakistani tech site had snapped but this is the first time I have heard anyone mention actual audio/video ads
Did you say you have an N9? Do you use a case other than the one supplied?
I have another reason why I ask – she has Ufone as service provider and I did submit a bug to the bug tracker – but it seems that it might be a service issue and not a N9 issue – bug # 325 – SMS length > approx. 100 chars don’t seem to be actually sent – they seem to be sent – but never received on my end on my N8
Can you please try?

If anyone else wants to try and replicate - id appreciate it...
iv been lurking - watching this board since august time....watching the N9 news and its good to find all the good info here....

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I am in Pak visiting family for a while. Bought my N9 from Dubai. It really is a rare device but this is the only place where people know the device and recognise it easily. The marketing is no where like the Lumia is in Europe but its pretty good. No other manufacturer is closing in on Nokia thought i do sense HTC/Samsung trying their best. iPhone remains a toy.

I use the standard black case. Works fine. Pleased with it. I meant to see if I could find other accessories for it. I'm going to raja bazar tomorrow in islamabad so will see what chinese imported goods are available for our N9.

I would love to test this bug. But just noticed I dont see a word count in SMS. Any easy way to ensure i reach the 100 chars to carry out a successful test.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by myrjola View Post
Nice description of the N9 User Interface (developer oriented):
Nokia N9 UX Guidelines
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/ux/index.html
Hmm that used to be here
http://www.developer.nokia.com/swipe/ux/
And it was called: Harmattan UX Guidelines
Now it redirects to where you linked, & is called:
Nokia N9 UX Guidelines

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Nokia N9 : The "Unfollow" Commercial
http://advertising.chinasmack.com/20...-bingbing.html

Nokia-China's "Unfollow" ad depicts a young woman as she tries to differentiate herself from the rest of the pack...

She says:
-If others choose to endure, then I choose to resist.
-If others choose to compromise, then I choose to fight.
-It doesn’t matter if the future will be brilliant, I won’t give up on today.
-You may think I’m crazy. As I think everyone else is too ordinary.
-I am true. I will show my true self.

This is worth watching, thus I thought of sharing with u guys [if u haven't already seen it yet]... pls have a peek.

Qorax

Last edited by qorax; 2011-12-16 at 19:19.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I am in Pak visiting family for a while. Bought my N9 from Dubai. It really is a rare device but this is the only place where people know the device and recognise it easily. The marketing is no where like the Lumia is in Europe but its pretty good. No other manufacturer is closing in on Nokia thought i do sense HTC/Samsung trying their best. iPhone remains a toy.

I use the standard black case. Works fine. Pleased with it. I meant to see if I could find other accessories for it. I'm going to raja bazar tomorrow in islamabad so will see what chinese imported goods are available for our N9.

I would love to test this bug. But just noticed I dont see a word count in SMS. Any easy way to ensure i reach the 100 chars to carry out a successful test.
Ah yes - we went to teh hafeez center in lahore - bought a couple of nokia cases - one that had a wristlet and a zip and one that was a pouch - still looking for another wristlet type case...
since i dont have the N9 - i cant say for sure - but i was pretty sure that the character count was visible.... i know that conversation view is different to the N8 message view - but i thought it was there - perhaps someone there could chime in?
The kink in the "bug" might be that she is sending sms internationally - and perhaps it doesnt like the "+" or needs the "00" in front of the country code- but i got her to send to my UK o2 sim - no problems but cant get long sms to come through to my US att sim...
she had a nokia supernova before - still has it - and that seemed to work ok - i have held off getting her to switch too many times as im rather nervous of popping that micro sim in and out...

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
My original plan was the same, and I ended up like you...

By the way, nice family portrait below! My girlfriend now has the Magenta N9 and I have to say in real life it looks absolutely stunning. Even I as a man would show it proudly to others!
That's indeed some nice collection. And i agree, actually seeing that magenta it was much better than i thought it was.
Getting myself Cyan 800 so i at least get similar phone with the color i want.

Maybe in 2 years time i buy the white N9 to complete the collection.

I've purchased two N9s & going for the third !

I don't know why, but due to some inconceivable reason I went & purchased the 'Blue' [Cyan] one today. The store didn't have the 'red' [Magenta] one & asked me to visit them after a week.

I already have the Black N9... now waiting for the Red. I guess I've gone bonkers [as someone rightly pointed me before!].

Quirky me, I'm deeply in love with this phone !!!

This 'wow factor' hasn't been noticed with any since the iPhone 3G was launched...

The N9 is haute couture !

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
The Nokia N9 launch-event in Dubai-UAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gE2WEGbq1A

Last edited by qorax; 2011-12-18 at 22:12.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
That's indeed some nice collection. And i agree, actually seeing that magenta it was much better than i thought it was.
Getting myself Cyan 800 so i at least get similar phone with the color i want.

Maybe in 2 years time i buy the white N9 to complete the collection.

Nooo tissot, why are you abandoning ship!?!
That's exactly what Elop & co. want you to do

I'm not sure if you've been following closely recently.
But you can get N9 for pretty decent prices in NA now.*
And with good support via places like negri electronics etc.
Of course not as great outright as it would've been, if it had been made officially available.
But much better than it was just a few short months ago.

*haven't been following UK closely but I'm sure its similar

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-18 at 14:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, winding down