Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
All I can say is - Welcome Back PB!! I've noticed you've been quite scarce of late (and understandably so ) But I'm very happy to hear you're OK and are going to start developing stuff again. I'm pleased as punch with KDE 3.5.8v2 - there's only a couple of things I wished were fixed and 1 of them you've already said you can't fix (.jpg issue). The other is the camera.

I would like to see XFCE working. but it seems that are going with KDE.

And sleep is good. I recomend it to you and anyone else reading his.

I thought xfce was already working. I guess that's with OS2007; has anyone tried with OS2008?

And sleep is overrated, anyway. Dr. Pepper, NOS, and coffee are powerful alternatives, especially when mixed.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Debs please

Enlightenment. Yes, Rasterman had some work on this, but I don't think it made it very far. While it may not be useful, it would really "look" cool on the tablet...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I thought xfce was already working. I guess that's with OS2007; has anyone tried with OS2008?
The xfce install scripts do not work in 08. I am working on making it work manually but have not made much progress yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrlanrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
I'd like something minimal but effective like an equivalent of Puppy Linux or DamnSmallLinux using JWM or enlightenment as a windows manager.

but a lighter faster KDE is still a possibility

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post

And sleep is overrated, anyway. Dr. Pepper, NOS, and coffee are powerful alternatives, especially when mixed.
NOS?? Nitros Oxide?? It does not make me go faster, it makes me fall down and shake.... ah the good ole days!!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
The xfce install scripts do not work in 08. I am working on making it work manually but have not made much progress yet.
Its not just the install script. Nokia changed the names of the files that are used to start and stop hildon/maemo interface. 2008 brought a whole new set of filenames.

perhaps I can look at 4.4.2 in the near future..??
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I'd like something minimal but effective as a windows manager.

but a lighter faster KDE is still a possibility
I'd go for your IceWM but with onscreen keyboard and a decent browser http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&highlight=jwm

Tags
clone, deprecated, gparted, kde, kde35, penguinbait