Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am offering a small bounty for instructions on how to run Microb inside KDE.

I know its not a lot of money, but I will pay 25$ via paypal to the person who can get microb working in KDE.

I am sure that others will perhaps contribute also???

Let me clarify, microb will start, but it cannot display anything, the menu opens, but does not seem to work. I think some script could be used to set things properly and fire it up, but perhaps not?

Good Luck,

~penguinbait
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
I don't suppose you've got a KDEized tablet set up with SSH/VNC for contestants to try stuff on?

(Gotta get through finals, then I can mess with things. )

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It would be nice to fix this problem too (a happy user using your image files method ). But I don't have any knowledge.

But I'd sure as hell try if you would ship me a Glock

Threaten Microb into running?

Or threaten someone who does have knowledge to take the time?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Well, both obviously

I think placing microb engine to Konqueror could be intresting.

Anyone else got anything they want to chip into the Bounty???
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
ok - I know I'm a freak here, but I totally prefer Konquerer over Microb.

I would be willing to pay some to tell me how to make Konqueror automatically connect to WiFi like Microb does though. Any takers for that?

Also, just curious why people like Microb bette? Is it finger usage? layout?

I'm wondering if it has something to do with d-bus. I've found that starting other window managers somehow interferes with d-bus working properly (don't know enough about what's going on to fix it).

I think it microb has to use d-bus to talk to the the engine that displays the pages and that is where it is failing.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
ok - I know I'm a freak here, but I totally prefer Konquerer over Microb.

I would be willing to pay some to tell me how to make Konqueror automatically connect to WiFi like Microb does though. Any takers for that?

Also, just curious why people like Microb bette? Is it finger usage? layout?
PCQ, to me its needed for other environments also where konq is not available, say XFCE or ICEWM. If I can get it running in one, it will run in the others also. Additionally flash support would be a bonus to have under KDE...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Konq.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
PCQ, to me its needed for other environments also where konq is not available, say XFCE or ICEWM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Konq.
I will throw a paypal 10$ in the POT; I need it under ICEWM.

Don't get me wrong, I love my bong.

Tags
bounty, deprecated, kde, kde35, penguinbait, qoled