And what, pray tell, do real geeks use the Windows managers for? Target practice?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
And what, pray tell, do real geeks use the Windows managers for? Target practice?
apparently you mixed 'windows manager' and 'windows© install disks'

in fact hardcore geeks use the command line

No, a Windows manager is a manager who makes you use Windows...

(A window manager is a program that manages windows.)

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
No, a Windows manager is a manager who makes you use Windows...

(A window manager is a program that manages windows.)
Who need a manager for only one window ?

anyway, back on topic : 10$ through paypal for Microb in ICEWM.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I don't suppose you've got a KDEized tablet set up with SSH/VNC for contestants to try stuff on?

(Gotta get through finals, then I can mess with things. )

Ask and you shall recieve!!!

ssh port 222 on penguinbait.com

vncviewer penguinbait.com

VNC will login with KDE running, good luck and God Speed

PM me for a password
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

With smog's 10 and my 15$ I know its only 35$ total

So I am not rich, but I will bump this another 15$

for a total of 50$ via paypal, for figuring out how to use microb under KDE or ICEWM, I assume it would be the same process in both.

Testing on ICEWM is very easy though, since it fits in flash.

Anyone trying? Anyone else got money in the pot??
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It won't be easy, at least for styling - since Matchbox uses Sapwood for that (but at least under KDE, there's no other one running, so one can start its own).

I can't find the time lately for that, sorry At least for now.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
It won't be easy, at least for styling - since Matchbox uses Sapwood for that (but at least under KDE, there's no other one running, so one can start its own).

I can't find the time lately for that, sorry At least for now.
Well I am running KDE and I did ps and sapwood server is still running.

The browser will start, and the menus will show up. But it just sists there with another little box saying updating, and the browser widow just stays white. If you try any of the menus, they will be there, but wont work when clicking on them.

Is there some link into hildon disktop???

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
not exactly, but probably on a dozen libs.

I get error when starting

GLIB WARNING ** hildon-1 - Icon theme lookup for icon failed

Tags
bounty, deprecated, kde, kde35, penguinbait, qoled