Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Really well. My install .deb will put two icons in "Extras," "Install to MMC1" and "Install to MMC2" and running one of them will download and extract the big tar file to the chosen card, and then clean everything up, including removing the icons...
Looking forward to this, feel free to shoot me a link if you want somebody to test
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
How goes that install process?
Finally, it's done. This package includes the IceWM window manager running in a Xephyr window on top of OS2008. I use a tiny python script to make a window in OS2008, and then I get Xephyr to use this window, giving IceWM an icon on your OS2008 app bar for easy switching. It is seriously cool.

I modified your KDE installer script, and used Bundyo's (30kb) port of gxmessage to make dialog boxes asking the user where to put the tar file, and also to announce success or failure. I put an icon in the extras menu so the user can click on the icon and download the image.

Tags
bounty, deprecated, kde, kde35, penguinbait, qoled