Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
But Maemo 5 is a bit more than a filechooser, isn't it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I have a feeling that the task switcher is going to have some serious whiz-bang (see the quote from the Unwired View article in my post above). Is that coming in the beta SDK or is that something that will be revealed at the very end? It looks like we won't see it before the hardware is released:
Is this task switcher going to enable instantaneous switching between apps or between tasks within apps? Will it switch between only two or will it toggle through more than two? IMHO, a good use of new graphics HW if it does. There's little worse on a MID than annoying lag or multiple steps being needed when switching between tasks. And how will it switch? finger input on screen or key?

Yep, the kinetic scrolling looks promising. I assume the directory chooser will be improved in the final release.

Originally Posted by hns View Post
I found a workaround: Add the following line to the "Device" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"

I just tested it and now the GUI is fast and responsive. I already had this in my xorg.conf at one time, but found better workarounds for the apps I was using. For now I'm fine with it if it allows me to play with the Fremantle SDK, although the overall graphics performance becomes maybe a tad slower.

Somebody should update the "known issues" section of the release notes.

It did not work for me.. I have tried with just the AccelMethod option and also the ones in the workaround link. Is there something more that I have missed?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
But Maemo 5 is a bit more than a filechooser, isn't it.
Yes, it's a 3D, clutter-based, OpenGL-enhanced filechooser.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Yes, it's a 3D, clutter-based, OpenGL-enhanced filechooser.
Is it? It runs fine under Mer..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I have created 10 screenshots of gPodder running in the Fremantle Alpha SDK:

Is this the first Python GUI application to be run in Fremantle SDK? Anyways, all pictures can be found at this URL:

gPodder in Fremantle Alpha SDK Screenshots on Flickr

Last edited by thp; 2009-03-03 at 18:01. Reason: 10, not 11

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Majorly impressed with the SDK. My Transmission port compiled with only one minor change needed to the code and the build-deps it needed were already installed - I only had to get 3 more (and they're in the SDK repo so no problems there).

(And my F6 still works to get fullscreen in the SDK!)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-03-03 at 18:06. Reason: Haha, my 666'th post to get thanked...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by thp View Post

Is this the first Python GUI application to be run in Fremantle SDK?
I think is the fourth application seen inside Fremantle, after Mauku, Maemopad, and Arora

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Is this the first Python GUI application to be run in Fremantle SDK?
I think it's the first pygtk app to be running, but not the first in python (technically):

I was running pyclutter applications in the pre-alpha SDK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YclW3nlC1BA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMcRF2va2Qs

I agree that it are just test and not useful applications, except the one where my face is seen multiple times :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle