Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
Hope that helps:-)
Right, OK. The wording confused me a bit, that does indeed help. I mentioned it to our alarms guy back when you came up with it initially, so hopefully it will be sorted out soon if it isn't already.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Right, OK. The wording confused me a bit, that does indeed help. I mentioned it to our alarms guy back when you came up with it initially, so hopefully it will be sorted out soon if it isn't already.
Thanks, key point is it does set the alarm when you ask it to - it just says it has it set an hour later. If I were changing time zones one day I reckon it would completely fool me:-)
Jolla #272

The Following User Says Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks, key point is it does set the alarm when you ask it to - it just says it has it set an hour later. If I were changing time zones one day I reckon it would completely fool me:-)
But what is strange is that I have used it as an alarm clock for a week now, with no problems whatsoever.

The only hitch in setting alarms is that you'd need to be careful not to move the "clock hands" when you swipe to right to activate the new alarm...

Originally Posted by att View Post
/etc/buteo
Sweet, copied files from N9 and it worked right away!

Now, anybody knows a way to add more calendars to calendar application?

yes other people have said that. However I have been very careful and have probably set the alarm 10 or 15 times now - it happens every time, I'm not mistaken

One point which does occur to me is that the morning after I got the phone in Finland it worked fine, thinking about it, this has only happened since I got back to the Uk when I reset the phone and the time zone - woot does that help?
Jolla #272

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Tracker is used by sailfish _only_ to store metadata AFAICT which can be easily regenerated. Text messages, contacts, ... etc are stored elsewhere.

It also crawls only a few directories + sd card to it should behave a bit better than N9/N900
Can the apps browse using just files and folders? I hate not to be able to do that in my N900 with the multimedia player. I have my music perfectly organised in folders and correctly named and numbered files... The tags are good, but I don't like them as the unique way.

So in my N900 I use "necrolongplayer" for music. It's lightweight and let me browse folders and add complete folders (recursively) to the playlist with files ordered by folder and then name and not title tag without even considering folders as in media player.

Last edited by malkavian; 2013-12-11 at 01:58.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
yes other people have said that. However I have been very careful and have probably set the alarm 10 or 15 times now - it happens every time, I'm not mistaken

One point which does occur to me is that the morning after I got the phone in Finland it worked fine, thinking about it, this has only happened since I got back to the Uk when I reset the phone and the time zone - woot does that help?
Another UK owner with teh same issue. I have reported it to Jolla Care

Here arethe screen shots

Set alarm

Confirm Setting

Alarm goes off

Odd

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Can the apps browse using just files and folders?
Apps that come with Jolla or official apps in Jolla Store don't allow you to browse files and folders. They use only the tracker data.

You can install Files app from command line: "pkcon install jolla-fileman" but there are problems related opening files. Only file types that seem to open from Files app are pictures. For all other file types that I have tested Open doesn't do anything.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
pretty sure my father will have similar first experience with Jolla if I don't guide him
Your father probably yes.

On the other hand: my son was two years and a couple of months old when he got hands on my N9 for the first time. The phone was lying in a couch, screen locked. It took about one minute to get past the LPM screen (after all, there is just one button that makes something when the N9 is locked). In less than two minutes he got past the lock screen. First time swiping it away accidentally, next time he already swiped it away on purpose.

I did not guide him in any way, just looked that he didn't start to throw the phone around or remove any programs. And it took less than 10 minutes for him to learn the basics of the Harmattan Swipe interphase: opening programs and moving between them.

Don't know if Sailfish would be more confusing to use. I probably have to test it with my son when I finally get one.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Jolla store doesn't seem to be working atm, tried to download few apps and they all fail. Other than that first few hours the phone has been working very smoothly.

Few things im missing the most right now

The events feed. Facebook doesn't seem to be integrated as clicking on facebook icon opens the browser facebook. The N9 style that integrates twitter&facebook was the best, hoping for something similar in future updates.

Facebook chat. I use this a lot and it would be nice to see people who are online, and to be reachable via chat. I somehow remembered this was already supported but no messages came through to me.

Landscape. I like to browse a lot in landscape and would would like to use that way, androids dolphin browser supports this but when watching youtube videos the voice was out of sync. Plus I'd prefer using as much native apps as possible.

I know it's beta but those are on my priority list atm. Otherwise really solid build phone looks and feels good on hand and performs superb.

Now I need some sleep after night shift, maybe some of those features can be found with fresher eyes.

Last edited by _Routser; 2013-12-11 at 09:14. Reason: typo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Routser For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience