Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Hyderabad
Originally Posted by florin198 View Post
I can chroot and also can install programs on this kali rootfs
Sorry for delayed reply.
Can you post here the contents of your kali uboot menu entry file. Or please attach it to your next post.

Good afternoon,
I am interested to that but the telephone features are still disabled?

Chsers

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Hyderabad
Originally Posted by sev7en View Post
Good afternoon,
I am interested to that but the telephone features are still disabled?

Chsers
Those features are not working.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
LXDE and and one of the fastest micro sd-cards you can get.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Hi,is there any plan to port new version of kali (Kali 2.0) to n900?
thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to X-J For This Useful Post:
Original link not working at the moment, does anyone have the file available?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

First of all, nice work!

I'm trying to install U-Boot but i'm afraid of bricking my N900. How do i install it? Because this is all new for me, i just have my N900 for like 2 months. It's a new world for me So please bear with me.

It won't let me install in extras devel. It's conflicting with Kernel-Maemo and KP53. I currently have KP53 flashed.

Can someone please help me out and give me some basic instructions? I will be a happy man when i can run Kali Linux on my N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Kalax03 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi,

I just wanted to write some side notes about my experiences:

the image file that the .zip contains is "chrootable", so it can be used via a vnc viewer (I use PresenceVNC), so it is not necessary to install it via U-Boot.

Here is what I did:
I have Easy Chroot installed.
I made a 10 GB ext3 partition on my SD card.
Extracted the zip file into that partition so I have the .img file.
Now the image file has to be mounted, so I did this in Terminal:
Code:
sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /where/your/.img/file/is -o 128974848
sudo mount -o loop -t ext4 /dev/loop0 /where/you/want/to/mount/kali
sudo mount -t devpts devpts /where/you/mounted/kali/dev/pts
sudo mount -t proc proc /where/you/mounted/kali/proc
sudo mount -t sysfs sysfs /where/you/mounted/kali/sys
sudo busybox chroot /where/you/mounted/kali /bin/bash
In this way you have root privileges so be careful. You can update, upgrade, install, etc.

If you want graphical interface, you have to install vncserver on kali, and a vnc viewer on n900; then type:
Code:
vncserver -geometry 800x480
This will setup a window so you can access it. In PresenceVNC the server will be: 127.0.0.1:590X, where X is the number that you can see after the vncserver command. You can kill the session by typing: vncserver -kill :X (X is the number mentioned above).

You can unmount everything, and after that you have to type:
Code:
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0
(Note: you can use any of the loops, loop0 isn't necessary. You can make scripts so you can just click an icon to launch kali in terminal.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING THEN DON'T DO IT BECAUSE YOU CAN HARM YOUR DEVICE!)

Cheers,

jm

/EDIT (2015.11.03): As you may noticed, there is Kali 2.0 and the repos have changed to sana. Because of this you cannot install anything with the stock repos. If you change your sources.list to sana it may break your kali 1.1.0 distro so be careful! Distro upgrade is not possible because it will complain about kernel version as is will see the n900's kernel version...
THE ABOVE IS TRUE ONLY FOR CHROOT. I do not know what the situation is when you boot into kali.

/EDIT (2016.01.20.): There is old.kali.org repo so you can add that to kali's sources.list. ("deb http://old.kali.org/kali moto non-free contrib")
Attached Images

Last edited by justmemory; 2016-01-20 at 06:38. Reason: Attach images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
I would love to have kali on my n900. I already got it running with u-boot. But as far as i see nitdroid uses multiboot. As i want maemo, nitdroid and kali at once, it seems to be a bit tricky... so i would be fine using kali in chroot. But the howto above seems not to work for me. I have maemo 1.3 (8gb emmc) with power kernel and nitdroid running with multiboot. Both work well. Now i have an sd card where i have the following partitions:
First i flashed the image to the sdcard using dd. So after that i have a small fat, the ext3 and a swap. I extended swap to 1gb and after that i made a new 8gb partition as ext3 for the image file itself. I know its some kind of double bit its for testing... i have installed easy chroot and easy deb chroot. I found another advice on how to edit the .chroot file to just click on the debian chroot icon to launch, but that always gives invalid argument while mounting. Doesn't matter if i try to mount to the p2 with the file system or to p4 with the image. And when i try to follow the instructions above, i enter losetup /dev/loop0 /mnt/kali -o 128974848 nothing happens and when i enter the next step i get a no sich device error...
Don't know if the informations are enough, but please help me getting it chrooted as i go insane trying for 3 days now without success.... thanks a lot!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moerderameise For This Useful Post:

Tags
kali armhf, kali n900, kali nokia n900, kali rx51, linux n900