Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Any news for gangstar?

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
What happens when you try and run the game from Xterm?
Code:
$ preenv
$ cd /home/user/com.gameloft.app.hawx/hawx
$ ./hawx
By the way, there's numerous mistakes in the commands you've given, mainly with spaces missing or additonal spaces you don't need....
When I run from XT I get this error:

error while loading shared librarires: libSDL_net-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

By the way, I know there is errors, I actually used th code below:

I just copied the gamefolder com.gameloft.app.hawx to /home/user/ using Filebox

then entered xterm;

sudo gainroot

mkdir -p /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
ln -s /home/user/com.gameloft.app.hawx/ /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
cd /home/user/com.gameloft.app.hawx/hawx
chown -R user:users /home/user/com.gameloft.app.hawx/hawx
chmod +rwx hawx
chmod -R 777 /home/user/com.gameloft.app.hawx/
preenv
desktopgen /home/user/com.gameloft.app.hawx/appinfo.json

Last edited by despat; 2010-11-30 at 11:15.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by despat View Post
When I run from XT I get this error:

error while loading shared librarires: libSDL_net-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Sounds like you haven't installed libsdl-net1.2...

Code:
$ root
# apt-get install libsdl-net1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Thanks, That did it. Hawxs is now Working fine.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
go to the shortcut in the hildon folder, add "sudo " at the start of the execution command and remove the server line beneath.
run again and it will work.
This worked, but with choppy sound. Still playable, but strange that it runs smootly from terminal with:
Code:
preenv
./gepro
Any solution available?

Thanks!

Maybe we can produce a fake multitouch on N900 just like the palm webos emulator for windows. In PC, the touch(mouse) input goes into a small delay time(e.x: 0.3 seconds for each,modifiable by user) allowing user to send the second touch input and so on, after the delay time is over emulator will send them to the virtual device all at once, forcing some kind of multitouch, altough it will distrub the gamers' experience but it's better than no multitouch.
running the games with the windows palm emulator, I have also found that some games(like guitar hero 5) runs in portrait mode(unlike games like NFSUC and sims 3 that would run on landscape mode) so they will need a different kind of orientation and I see;some games require external library that is not available for N900 yet and need to be compiled for it; hope that helps.

Last edited by aligoodidea; 2010-11-30 at 14:33.

Originally Posted by Henque19 View Post
This worked, but with choppy sound. Still playable, but strange that it runs smootly from terminal with:
Code:
preenv
./gepro
Any solution available?

Thanks!
you should also try to chmod the properties, savegames, caches and sound files and reply back then

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by aligoodidea View Post
Maybe we can produce a fake multitouch on N900 just like the palm webos emulator for windows. In PC, the touch(mouse) input goes into a small delay time(.3 seconds for each) allowing user to send the second touch input and so on, after the delay time is over emulator will send them to the virtual device all at once, forcing some kind of multitouch, altough it will distrub the gamers' experience but it's better than no multitouch.
I have also found that some games(like guitar hero 5) runs in portrait mode(unlike games like NFSUC and sims 3 that would run on landscape mode) so they will need a different kind of orientation; hope that helps.
I think you can't have multi touch emulation this way if you don't have multi-touch support in X server. You can send two input signal to the server at the same time, but it will always see one signal at a time without mulitouch support.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
go to the shortcut in the hildon folder, add "sudo " at the start of the execution command and remove the server line beneath.
run again and it will work.
hi guys,

can someone please explin me what impeham means with this post?

which shortcut in hildon folder?
what to type in xterm??

please explain

i am noob

sorry

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post
I think you can't have multi touch emulation this way if you don't have multi-touch support in X server. You can send two input signal to the server at the same time, but it will always see one signal at a time without mulitouch support.
but N900 has the potential for two mice at the same time, If you try mouse support for N900, you will see that you can use the mouse and the touch at the same time, remember that the screen is resistive, not the os.

Tags
games, multi touch, palm pre, preenv, profile, reach page 250?, speed, yesssss