Posts: 22 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ iceland
Actually i don't see the need to bother with this wallpaper copy paste as mywall.png from the script.

as soon as you choose a picture for wallpaper it will copy a cropped image in /.wallpaper folder. so if you create a 854x854 pic and call it wallpaper.png in this folder you are good to go. the only problem i see there is if you have a centered logo. it will be deported to the side no matter what. and i don't know why...

Originally Posted by 3llipsis View Post
the only problem i see there is if you have a centered logo. it will be deported to the side no matter what. and i don't know why...
Are you saying the logo is in the center of your image? With the square image, the only parts you'll see in the lockscreen are the left half (for portrait), or the top half (for landscape). The bottom right quadrant will never be shown. An effective wallpaper would be completely uninteresting in the bottom right, which can be hard to find.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Just a quick question, incase I didnt like or this worked wrong, all I have to do is run the saved backup and everything will revert back?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ iceland
yes you are right !

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
That is a bug in PR1.0 but is fixed in PR1.1..
Just noticed that I can no more change my profile to beep or silent. It is stuck on ringing. Beep and silent looks deactive, Can this script cause such thing?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by venturi View Post
Just noticed that I can no more change my profile to beep or silent. It is stuck on ringing. Beep and silent looks deactive, Can this script cause such thing?
I don't think.. This script change only transitions..

New version is ready. I will try to upload today.

Almehdin, can you explain what you mean about wellpapers ?
In the new version it is a easy process, you don't need to ran script as user. If we use pictures 854x854 with extension .JPG, when you activate you wallpaper from setting, it will create new pic in /home/user/.wallpapers with extension .PNG and named "wallpaper.png". Because of this I prefer to create pic with .PNG, its not rename your pic and create new one with you name in /home/user/.wallpapers...

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I don't think.. This script change only transitions..

New version is ready. I will try to upload today.

Almehdin, can you explain what you mean about wellpapers ?
In the new version it is a easy process, you don't need to ran script as user. If we use pictures 854x854 with extension .JPG, when you activate you wallpaper from setting, it will create new pic in /home/user/.wallpapers with extension .PNG and named "wallpaper.png". Because of this I prefer to create pic with .PNG, its not rename your pic and create new one with you name in /home/user/.wallpapers...
Was thinking the user should not need to download and place the walpapers in the correct folder. With cloud i mean something like Flickr which the script could download from. The script should probably also offer someway of viewing under the selection process.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Was thinking the user should not need to download and place the walpapers in the correct folder. With cloud i mean something like Flickr which the script could download from. The script should probably also offer someway of viewing under the selection process.
This willbe nice, but still you need to go to the setting, choose your wallpaper and after this applying some stuff from script.. No ?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
This willbe nice, but still you need to go to the setting, choose your wallpaper and after this applying some stuff from script.. No ?
How exactly i am not sure of yet.. selection might be easiest through settings or gallery as those are already installed and have inbuilt support but download could be done through script. Maybe use imagemagick to give support for crop/resize or something. Other features could be change wallpaper every boot or after a delay. Just thoughts right now.

First implementation would be to use prepackaged images and downloaded from the net using wget.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
How exactly i am not sure of yet.. selection might be easiest through settings or gallery as those are already installed and have inbuilt support but download could be done through script. Maybe use imagemagick to give support for crop/resize or something. Other features could be change wallpaper every boot or after a delay. Just thoughts right now.

First implementation would be to use prepackaged images and downloaded from the net using wget.
It could be cool, but I don't know how I can help ? I don't have any knowledge in linux instead my N900 2 years old and now N9 :-/

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh