Notices

Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
Thank you alot.. I got it finally working.
Problem where at lircd.conf file. It didnt have device path for remote. It would be good idea to make documentation from these questions and answers. FAQ file etc... Makes some work but I'm sure it will pay of in future.
Yeah I have been thinking little section in the application where is FAQ and latest upgrades as well. But for now I'm trying to make the debian package proper. At now all files are under /opt with wrong permissions so unfortunately I'm most likely going have the change all file directories again to under /user. Just waiting experts to confirm my solution that I don't make wrong kind of package again

i have a question guys, how do you know w/c remote code to use? like on one brand there's lots to choose and too time consuming to test every one of those...

sorry if it's been discussed but the thread is too long to read...

Is it safe to uninstall the LIRC server v 0.8.0b-1fremantle30? Tested qtirreco some weeks back and it didn't work; I wasn't sure if lirc was installed along with it.

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
i have a question guys, how do you know w/c remote code to use? like on one brand there's lots to choose and too time consuming to test every one of those...

I guess they just to try pick the closest one to their original remote.

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post

I look at the remote or the TV to find the model number of the remote or device. Then Google it to see if I can find the remote, then I look in the database. If there isn't one, I try the next appropriate model.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

-------------IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT---------------

The next release of this software will clear all your previous remotes,lirc devices and themes you have downloaded or created. Unfortunate, but has to be done to get file priviledges correct. So if you have recorded your own remotes or just want to save some old remotes you will have to move them before installing new version. And for almost sure I will have to clear user remote database once again. Let's hope this will be the last time for this issues. I'm not sure when im going to push the new package but lets say in one week.

All the files in current version are found in /opt/qtirreco

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Death Scythe View Post
Is it safe to uninstall the LIRC server v 0.8.0b-1fremantle30? Tested qtirreco some weeks back and it didn't work; I wasn't sure if lirc was installed along with it.
I dont think that it comes with qtirreco.. atleast with latest version. Anyway I have had it too and removed it. If you need it you find it in app manager and can istall it back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Caligula For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

maybe im blind or dumb but I can't find a way to scoll the remote when there are more buttons than there's room for them on the screen. I'd like to use the loewe TV 150 for my TV and can use only the most bosic funktions ATM. Am I missing something? If not consider this a feature request *grin*

Regards,
Glasswalker

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Hi there,

maybe im blind or dumb but I can't find a way to scoll the remote when there are more buttons than there's room for them on the screen. I'd like to use the loewe TV 150 for my TV and can use only the most bosic funktions ATM. Am I missing something? If not consider this a feature request *grin*

Regards,
Glasswalker
Yes good point, first I thought about sizing the buttons, but for finger they are good size now, so let's hope I can make some sweet solution to have several layouts for remote to have more buttons in use that way.

Originally Posted by nirpe View Post
First thing to check is if lirc is running by typing ps in terminal.

Then check the file under /opt/qtirreco/Remotes/<remotename.conf> whats the device in line:

command: <device> <command>

Then check if that device actually is the same under /opt/qtirreco/Devices/<device>. There check the line after begin remote.

name <device>

Then under /etc/lircd.conf you should have proper device path included.

If those devices in lines match and lirc runs the IR signal should be sent. Some codes doesn't work but still the signal is emitted.
it worker for me before but with last uptate it doent work for me,

hi im tryin to go to /opt/qtirreco/Remotes/ but in that directory is only themes directory i intalled package othe time but dont have Remotes directory any sugestion...

Tags
irreco, qtirreco