Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
This is insane. 90% of it is redundant.
Hopefully some of this will shake out after the OS2008 update madness has cooled down.

All I know is that I'm tired of getting the pitchforks and torches for trying to help out.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
That's exactly why I suggested, some posts back, that new users should be allowed to post only in existing threads, and be made to wait until they reach a certain level of posts and/or membership duration before they can create their own threads.
This is a fantastic idea, aside from the fact that it's also going to lead to a lot more *****ing initially.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
No one followed up when I first mentioned it (probably because this very thread is not meant for serious propositions :-), but I still believe now would be the right time to do this.
Ha. Exactly the reason I didn't reply earlier. Perhaps, I hate to even mention it, a new thread on the issue is in order?

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2007-12-22 at 17:37.

Perhaps I should post it a third time in the relevant forum for Reggie to see :-)

There - done :-)

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think it comes down to this. At the rawest level, two kinds of people come here. Those that'll stay, and those that want a quick fix for their problem and want to *sniff* use us for our intellect.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Don't blame me. I've been trying to throw out stink clouds of obfuscation. Like a squid with irritable bowel.

Well, I tried, anyway.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
The whole irony of your action of starting a new post ,Technut, instead of continuing my original thread on this subject not long ago titled - this subject not searched, title ok?- is that you are doing here exactly what you are sarchastically whining about with your post here.
This is just some stupid joke-thread that tried to devolve into usefulness. The only irony here is the intentional kind, so trying to use it as an insult is a little weak.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
The whole irony of your action of starting a new post ,Technut, instead of continuing my original thread on this subject not long ago titled - this subject not searched, title ok?- is that you are doing here exactly what you are sarchastically whining about with your post here.
The irony of this whole irony is that my sarcasm was not sarcastic enough to make you see the irony.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Howdy Ho!!

I came out and played for a little while tonight, trying to be helpful. But too many new people are busy perfecting the art of wasting other forum members' time... I just can't compete.

So as suggested, I'm going back under my bridge/rock before I lose all sense of humour.

I admire those of you who continue to read all the duplicate posts and threads and still have the patience to stick around. A big "Thanks!" button to each of you!

See you all later!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
technut: Take it easy...btw, how can I use an usb pendrive with my N800?