Has anyone else had problems with low sound volume and poor sound quality after the latest OS update?

I didn't test the device with mp3's before updating. But I find the volume on 2k8 to be very poor. It's livable, but I would like it to be better. With the other problems I'm having, I may revert back to 2k7 just to see.

Last edited by zeusenergy; 2007-12-23 at 21:26.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Charlotte, NC
I just updated my N800 to OS2008 and noticed that the volume is much lower than before (with OS2007, I could play it too loud to hear clearly).

I am not an experienced tablet or Linux user....any ideas on if this can be fixed?

Thanks,

ET

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
You can thank people like this:
Apple sued over iPod related hearing loss

and I think there may actually be some new regulations in Europe also causing Nokia to reduce the maximum volume output.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by technut View Post
You can thank people like this:
Apple sued over iPod related hearing loss

and I think there may actually be some new regulations in Europe also causing Nokia to reduce the maximum volume output.
At least Creative gives Zen users the option of disabling *****ic Laws Settings.