Posts: 76 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Long Island NY
new problem -

I deleted all of my repositories from app manager and installed all of them again but now I get this message when I click on browse installable applications

operation failed

click on it again and it says refresh application list?
I get

Unable to refresh application list
Unable to access catalogs
Check network connection
Try again?

It also does not show installed apps but they do run. Connected to internet.

Bob

Any help Please

I had same problem. I did the following. If you disable the items below you should be able to refresh.

I loaded everything from
http://gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en&system=maemo4

Would not refresh.

I disabled the following after some trial and error until I could refresh without errors:

maemo Extras
Maemo Chinook
Maemo Bora
Austinche
Austinche

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by microfab View Post
maemo Extras
Maemo Chinook
Maemo Bora
Those three are very important, change repository.maemo.org to repostory.maemo.org

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Long Island NY
RESOLVED

thanks - working now -

at least app manager loads again.

will reload repostories or whatever tomorrow

The Following User Says Thank You to bg4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Those three are very important, change repository.maemo.org to repostory.maemo.org
While this seem to work, do anyone know why? When just checked with a ping the URLs point to different IP addressees. Do Maemo really have a backup repository server that just has been accidentally discovered?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
While this seem to work, do anyone know why? When just checked with a ping the URLs point to different IP addressees. Do Maemo really have a backup repository server that just has been accidentally discovered?
Because everybody at Nokia is incompetent and/or on vacation? :shrug:

I can't wait until repository.maemo.org starts working again and repostory.maemo.org goes offline.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX

I can't wait until repository.maemo.org starts working again and repostory.maemo.org goes offline.
Looks like 'whatever.maemo.org' works too...

I did play with some URL names where the first part changes. They all resolve to IP 62.61.85.32. (With the exception of 'repository'.)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
That's pretty interesting, Mara. Kind of mind-boggling to me, but it makes sense, too.

Yeah, where is Ari Jaaksi? Oh boy...after I just wrote that, I went to look at his blog, where is gives the highlights of 2007. The comments to that post express a lot of the furor that the members here are feeling at the mishandling of the 0S2008 release and repository failures. His response? "Some bumps in a good ride. My apologies!"
I can understand that response if the servers were down for 48 hours...but this has been going on for much longer. It is only because of the ingenuity of members here that workarounds have been found.

Internet Tablet Steps 4 and 5 will not succeed with this kind of support....in fact, they may never get the chance.

Thoughtfix, Tablet-Guru, and GottaBeMobile have each posted negative or "hesitant" posts about the internet tablets over the last week. Losing influential advocates like that is not something Nokia should take lightly.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
- it is absolutely astounding that a global company such as Nokia would allow a problem such as this to remain unresolved for longer than 48 hours...

- checking the directory updates, it appears someone has deleted the contents of the entire bora extra repository tree! (disgruntled developer or laid-off employee?)

- if there were a good reason (such as a show-stopping bug, trojan'd backdoor, or hardware malware in the packages) i could understand... but there has been no explanation, nor any response on maemo.org...

- kinda funny how third-party repositories appear to be more reliable than the OEM's!!!

:-)