Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
OK. I read all threads about the battery life. The first day used the phone with everything on - 9 hours life of the battery. The second day I turned off the wifi - almost the same amount of time. Today I turned off the 3G and surprise - I charged the battery 10 hours ago and it still is half full. So the real problem of the fast battery drainage must be the 3G? at least in my case

check you SIM card first. Old 3G sim cards are a huge drain on power. But 3G does eat more juice than Edge - especially if you are in a low coverage area where the phone switches between 3G and 2G a lot.

I dropped all my "active widgets" and my battery life is GREAT! I have 60% batt. left after 12 hours!!

Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
OK. I read all threads about the battery life. The first day used the phone with everything on - 9 hours life of the battery. The second day I turned off the wifi - almost the same amount of time. Today I turned off the 3G and surprise - I charged the battery 10 hours ago and it still is half full. So the real problem of the fast battery drainage must be the 3G? at least in my case
I can confirm this. With brand new sim card I get like 9 hours with light usage when 3g is turned on. The device feels somewhat warm all the time. I have disabled wlan. I dont know if it drains battery also. need to test that also later.

edit. now that I have used gsm mode (2.5 G) my device feels cool and during night battery was consumed something like 100 mAh according to lshal | grep battery.reporting

Last edited by hosico; 2009-12-11 at 06:53.

whats the point of active widgets if we cant use them? quite confusing.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
I forgot to mention, I changed my sim card in August 2008 so I think there is nothing to do with the sim