Notices

Hi,

this is another piece of code that has been gathering dust on my hard drive way too long without being of any use to you. The story is, that I got a second hand AR.Drone last year by some happy circumstances. To make any use of it, I had 3 options:

- Get an iPhone and download the controller app from the store
- Get an Android phone and download the controller app from the market place.
- Write that thing for your N950

Guess which one I've chosen... If you have an AR.Drone and a Maemo/MeeGo device, have fun with FlyMee!

It is basically an open source MeeGo version for the AR.Drone FreeFlight app as found on iPhone or android. You can navigate the drone while live-transferring the cameras video, change the drone's settings and take pictures by pressing the volume button.

Thanks to Nikolaj Due Osterbye for creating the Qt sample code on how to talk with the drone. That was speeding up the creation of this app considerably.

Get the source code:
https://gitorious.org/flymee

Get the binary package:
Fremantle:http://follefuder.org/FlyMee/flymee_1.0.0_fremantle_armel.deb
Harmattan:http://follefuder.org/FlyMee/flymee_1.0.0_armel.deb

And the obligatory screenshots:

The main screen

The about/help dialog

The demo mode (When connected to the drone it shows the camera picture, don't worry )

... and the settings.

Enjoy,
Michael

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-06-27 at 21:17.

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Please tag you thread titles that dont contain maemo related stuf with some [Not-For-Maemo] tag or move them to harmattan subforum, thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
Please tag you thread titles that dont contain maemo related stuf with some [Not-For-Maemo] tag or move them to harmattan subforum, thank you.
Actually it is for Maemo... Anyways... tagged it to be N9/N950 only...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Actually it is for Maemo... Anyways... tagged it to be N9/N950 only...
harmattan is not maemo
ubuntu is much closer to debian than harmattan is to maemo but it is stil ubuntu and not debian, sharing some of the source code does not make them the same OS
harmatan and maemo are technologically and ideologically vastly different operating systems
thank you for clearly marking the threads so that maemo users withouth harmattan devices dont accidentaly wonder here needlessly

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-06-27 at 12:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
harmattan is not maemo
ubuntu is much closer to debian than harmattan is to maemo but it is stil ubuntu and not debian, sharing some of the source code does not make them the same OS
harmatan and maemo are technologically and ideologically vastly different operating systems
I am not sure that a negative "NOT FOR MAEMO" is any good for the spirit of 'we are all a community'. I much prefer [N9/N950] in the title. Note that however for N900, nobody cares about putting [N900].

I do have both phones and I feel as much maemo community in harmattan and in fremantle. But I fear that some from fremantle are reluctant to embrace their dear friends having N9...
And Meego Harmattan has lots in common with fremantle so that some call it maemo6 (it could have been named this way without the agreement with Intel).

EDIT: I stupidly forgot to thank the dev for this apps!! Thanks then...

Last edited by P@t; 2012-06-27 at 12:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Oh so now any thread in Applications subforum has to be a maemo application? Wow why don't you go and complain to every other thread that has done the same thing like Mt-Toggles etc.

This is a generic subforum in which anyone can post apps. So please stop dividing the community...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
This is actually a good thing to state in the title if the topic is for N900, N9(50), or both, as the Applications subforum is not specific to any of them. I own both devices and I like both, but I stoped counting the how many times I opened a thread just to know if it was for N900 or N9, now how often I was disappointed to see that an application was designed for only one of the devices. Most of the time it is not explicitely stated even within the thread, and I think it would be better to do it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I am not sure that a negative "NOT FOR MAEMO" is any good for the spirit of 'we are all a community'. I much prefer [N9/N950] in the title. Note that however for N900, nobody cares about putting [N900].

I do have both phones and I feel as much maemo community in harmattan and in fremantle. But I fear that some from fremantle are reluctant to embrace their dear friends having N9...
And Meego Harmattan has lots in common with fremantle so that some call it maemo6 (it could have been named this way without the agreement with Intel).

EDIT: I stupidly forgot to thank the dev for this apps!! Thanks then...
it is not negative it is factual. if you read something read the whole damn thing, i clearly stated that he should use "some [Not-For-Maemo] tag" and not what that tag should actually be as i dont care as long as it is clear that it is not compatible with maemo
and again, some things in common dont make it a same thing, stop being delusional people and stop arguing with me unnecessarily as i am clearly right and there is no need for every harmattan thread to turn into a flame war over this

it is not negative it is factual. if you read something read the whole damn thing, i clearly stated that he should use "some [Not-For-Maemo] tag" and not what that tag should actually be as i dont care as long as it is clear that it is not compatible with maemo
and again, some things in common dont make it a same thing, stop being delusional people and stop arguing with me unnecessarily as i am clearly right and there is no need for every harmattan thread to turn into a flame war over this
Some people are just too hard to please, and they go out of their way to make you believe that they are "right". They must have smoked something that got them high. It's best to just nod along and completely ignore people who do not make any sense in the first place. This isn't really much of a flame war, as it is a complaint from some old nerd who lectures people about Maemo and non-Maemo platforms, and seems to be the only one complaining about the lack of a "Non-Maemo-App" tag in the thread title.

Anyway, now that it's out of the way, fantastic job on the app!! I have to say, you saved me a lot of money, because I was planning on getting an A.R. Drone soon, and shell out some extra cash for an iPod touch so I can control it. But now, I don't have to! Kudos to you, my man!

Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
Some people are just too hard to please, and they go out of their way to make you believe that they are "right". They must have smoked something that got them high. It's best to just nod along and completely ignore people who do not make any sense in the first place. This isn't really much of a flame war, as it is a complaint from some old nerd who lectures people about Maemo and non-Maemo platforms, and seems to be the only one complaining about the lack of a "Non-Maemo-App" tag in the thread title.

Anyway, now that it's out of the way, fantastic job on the app!! I have to say, you saved me a lot of money, because I was planning on getting an A.R. Drone soon, and shell out some extra cash for an iPod touch so I can control it. But now, I don't have to! Kudos to you, my man!
your mamma is old
there must be order in the forums and since people insist of posting harmattan stuf in maemo forum it is only right that it is clearly marked as such, it is simply logical to do so

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-06-27 at 16:04.