Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
With new and improved bendable iPhone. How is the keyboard? Rock solid or slinky flexible?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
the bottom piece has a 1.6mm thick fiberglass/epoxy backbone spanning the entire area. should be fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

This was ones a dream...

I think samsung Give birth to slider keyboard device 2015. You know Where you heard IT first.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-25 at 20:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jollaman For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jollaman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
@dirkvl hope you like it enought to use it

As asked by dirkvl in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=354 here is a qwerty design with spanish symbols added as told in this post and the inmediate next one http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=352

ñ and acute (for áéíóú) are placed in the same placements as in spanish qwerty keyboards (at right side of "L" and "Ñ" respectively). Umlaut (for ü) is placed in the same place as in azerty layout (in same key as "+" symbol). Opening of interrogation "¿" and exclamation "¡" are added in same key as closing respectives. Catalonian (and french) symbol "ç" and "ª" "º" are added in the free places left ("F", "H" and "J" respectively). No other modifications, so mostly, symbols are placed as in qwerty english keyboards.

This layout would be valid for english and spanish. English users will have more symbols than they need, and spanish ones will have symbols placed in inusual places for them. But, it's a good deal for both.

Last edited by malkavian; 2014-10-28 at 11:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Just think of the oppertunity With a 6 inch slider. You could have such an aswsome keyboard. Would love to have a sony xperia ultra slider ll.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-02 at 18:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by beeki View Post
Is there a reason that shifted numbers do not have the usual symbols !"#¤%&/()= (on currennt keyboard) on them ?
I wonder the same thing. Visually it'd wouldn't be as clean. But the typing experince would be much closer to a "normal" keyboard.

I don't know about the other scandinavian layouts, but for Swedes. ";:" should switch place with "<>" and some of the other symbols could also be moved around (eg. !/\~-?).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evk View Post
I wonder the same thing. Visually it'd wouldn't be as clean. But the typing experince would be much closer to a "normal" keyboard.

I don't know about the other scandinavian layouts, but for Swedes. ";:" should switch place with "<>" and some of the other symbols could also be moved around (eg. !/\~-?).
Yes, indeed. For a more compatible layuout with the Scandinavian standard Qwerty layouts, the , (comma) and . (period) and - (hyphen) keys should be immediately on the right-hand side of the M key, and ; (semicolon) and : (colon) and _ (underscore) should be made with Shift + comma and Shift + period and Shift + hyphen, respectively. In order to visually associate the ; and : and _ with the Shift key, the ; and : and _ labels should be painted in white on the , and . keys.

I think that the same modification should be made also to the Qwertz andd Spanish keyboards, in order to make their lyout more consistent with the standard keyboard layout (of your laptop, for wexample).

Is it possible to make these changes to the next revision?
Sorry, I've not followed the debate about the functions of the keys on the right-hand side of the M key.

Last edited by Egon; 2015-01-18 at 18:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Egon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
@dirkvl hope you like it enought to use it

As asked by dirkvl in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=354 here is a qwerty design with spanish symbols added as told in this post and the inmediate next one http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=352

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5597/...f6564981_b.jpg

ñ and acute (for áéíóú) are placed in the same placements as in spanish qwerty keyboards (at right side of "L" and "Ñ" respectively). Umlaut (for ü) is placed in the same place as in azerty layout (in same key as "+" symbol). Opening of interrogation "¿" and exclamation "¡" are added in same key as closing respectives. Catalonian (and french) symbol "ç" and "ª" "º" are added in the free places left ("F", "H" and "J" respectively). No other modifications, so mostly, symbols are placed as in qwerty english keyboards.

This layout would be valid for english and spanish. English users will have more symbols than they need, and spanish ones will have symbols placed in inusual places for them. But, it's a good deal for both.
Your suggestion looks good. I would, however, make the keyboard even more compatible with the standard layout by moving the , (comma), . (period) and - (hyphen) keys immediately to the right-hand side of the lM key. See this comment: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=189 This would affect the place of the question and interrogaion marks, and their inverted variants, but I believe that suitable keys can be found for them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Egon For This Useful Post:

Tags
the other half