Active Topics

So, I just ordered a Nexus One. Not necessarily to replace my N900 but to compliment it. I have been trying to find some documentation or videos on how fast the Nexus One browser renders on non-wifi connections (3G/HSDPA) but have failed to find anything solid.

Just wondering if anyone here have used both devices and can comment on the matter?

Thanks!

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I have both devices. I prefer the N900 browser to the Nexus One's. However both render pages fast and well on both wifi and 3g. On the Nexus One however, I could not find an equivalent to the pointer mode offered in the N900 browser.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
i have question guys. since you both have nexus one, im planning to get one too, but i heard some issue about it about the reception of the phone.. they are saying that it got bad reception of 3g.. is that true?.. and what are the other issue with the phone?..

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
I must say that the rendering speed is almost the same... as far as you don't scroll through a large page. In that case the Nexus One is *much* faster (maybe the extra ram comes into play?

Another difference is portrait mode: in the N1 is usable as the text "reduces" it's length to fit the page. That does not happen on the N900 (I know, the support for portrait mode is not official yet...)

I've been playing around with both devices and I will go for the N900

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Good thread. im tempted to get the nexus too. Just to annoy my girlfriend even more

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
i have question guys. since you both have nexus one, im planning to get one too, but i heard some issue about it about the reception of the phone.. they are saying that it got bad reception of 3g.. is that true?.. and what are the other issue with the phone?..
They supposedly fixed the 3g issue in a recent software update. I cannot realluy compare the 3g between the 2, I have an O2 chip in my nexus one and a vodafone one in my n900. The n900 however works better in 3g but it could just be the network.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Screen Issues? http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...9305156,00.htm
People sometimes forget that they don't go in pockets," said HTC.
comedy gold...

iv tested both phones (owned nexus one for a week) and browsing the web its fast with both device, nexus one maybe its faster in rendering heavy web pages but you dont notice so much.. i tried to download some files using wifi and i didnt noticed any difference..but of course when you use 3g n900 wins.. but as i said before the rendering its pretty similar..