Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
Downloading a torrent via Transmission then virus scanning it whilst playing Freecell before sending it to my PC...amazed.
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
Yes, how could I forget Transmission? Downloading music and movies directly to my phone and then using Mussorgsky to fix album art and tags if necessary.
Yeah, Torrenting with the N900 is pretty amazing. Particularly useful when using Private Trackers where a lot of seeding is needed. I used to need to have my Desktop PC or Laptop on all the time including overnight, connected to the Internet to be able to seed a decent amount. Now, I do it all through the N900!

Not only do I get a good nights sleep by not listening to my PC fans whirring away. It also does wonders for my Electricity bill by seeding on my phone rather than an 800w PC. I was never truly comfortable leaving my PC on overnight either incase it went on fire.

So yeah, the N900 and Transmission 1.76 has been my solution to these problems. Brilliant.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Yeah, Torrenting with the N900 is pretty amazing. Particularly useful when using Private Trackers where a lot of seeding is needed. I used to need to have my Desktop PC or Laptop on all the time including overnight, connected to the Internet to be able to seed a decent amount. Now, I do it all through the N900!

Not only do I get a good nights sleep by not listening to my PC fans whirring away. It also does wonders for my Electricity bill by seeding on my phone rather than an 800w PC. I was never truly comfortable leaving my PC on overnight either in case it went on fire.

So yeah, the N900 and Transmission 1.76 has been my solution to these problems. Brilliant.
That's a great idea!

Are you storing the files themselves on the N900, or do you have a network hard drive?

EDIT:
My wow-moment would be the first time I remotely accessed my home desktop PC with the N900, SSH-tunneled VNC over mobile broadband, in a forest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aonsaithya For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
That's a great idea!

Are you storing the files themselves on the N900, or do you have a network hard drive?

EDIT:
My wow-moment would be the first time I remotely accessed my home desktop PC with the N900, SSH-tunneled VNC over mobile broadband, in a forest.
I store the files on the phone for a while and then when it gets a little full up, I connect it up to one of my PC's with the USB cable and copy the files off that way.

I've not learn't how to SSH / Network the phone yet . Only had it a couple of months.