It involves you saying "peter" and your phone dialling Peter's number.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexisazen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Thanks for the links, PetriS!

I really enjoyed reading the first one. THAT's how a PREview is supposed to be written.

Eldar, on the contrary, writes stuff like "I hope that after the New Year the next major software update will fix this issue somehow.", once again giving the impression that what he has in his hands is final...
He should really learn a lesson or two from Michal.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
It's odd, I even made the "key test" on my (old) device and couldn't get any scratches to appear yet.

The screen has been adjusted several times though in newer models, so it is hard to say what the final screen is like.

In any case, I am personally not going to bother with a case or screen protector. I want the "untainted" experience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
What worries me as well is the fact that he says the screen is very sensitive to scratches...
Even this might change for the production version. As a lame comparison, see the difference of materials for example in the structure of keyboard back plates of Michal's and Eldar's. Other mechanical changes may well be possible too.

Last edited by PetriS; 2009-09-29 at 11:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetriS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I found both reviews interesting, they seem to be aimed at different people. Eldars review seems to state predictions as fact, but I have a feeling this is something caused by the translation, so I wouldn't read too much in to it. For me, the mobile-review (p)review seems to have forgotten the most important part of maemo - it's a full on evil-robot linux distro!! The other stuff is just bonus. my-symbian touched the subject at least..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
The My Symbian Preview was GREAT reading...

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
The media player looks like canola (or inspired by canola).
See Michal's review
http://my-symbian.com/other/preview_n900.php?page=3

eldar forget the conclusion, its missing..

The Following User Says Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
I read everything Michal had to write, and I personally loved it. It made me feel very confident about the device. But as always, I'm going to have to have it in my hands to text and see if it's any good. The screen part was a little discouraging, but I had planned on buying a screen guard as soon as possible. I'd opt for Zagg, but they haven't made it yet. Until I get something, I'm going to have to take SUPER CARE of my N900 .

I was a little sad that he didn't include the battery life of the prototype. I hope it'll last an entire day with EDGE. But I don't mind keeping an extra battery on hand. But I do hate having to turn off my device.

That said, Michal is an awesome reviewer He did a top notch review! Thanks Michal!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zkyevolved For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Australia
Fantastic (p)review Michal....cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Markosib For This Useful Post: