Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
A decent story for once.

So I dropped my N9 when filming some news toys for my cousin’s kids, it landed on a tile floor, the screen was gone, just black, nothing. This would be about the tenth time I have dropped my phone, with no damage at all in the past it has lasted well.

I think **** it; send it to nokia care and just hope. They received it Friday; I get it back Tuesday, new screen and sensor. Admittedly when I rang I get some call centre god knows where, they would not put me through to Nokia care here in New Zealand, which is mildly frustrating.

The screen is fitted perfectly, in my opinion better than when I bought it, could not be happier. The only down side, I synced my phone when I first got it, and not once since, I lost everything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanic89 For This Useful Post:
How much did they charge for the repair?

It was done under warranty.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanic89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
physical damage is not under warranty last time i asked nokia care .

There was no visible damage to my phone, which is actually amazing when you read the stories and see the pictures of other people’s N9s. The screen was just black, nothing nada, but I could still receive SMSs and phone calls, just couldn’t interact with the device via the screen.

The shite thing is the micro sim, I do not have another mobile that uses one. Two working days without a phone, can’t complain too loudly that’s for sure. I was horrified when most other people were saying two weeks or more.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by shanic89 View Post
There was no visible damage to my phone, which is actually amazing when you read the stories and see the pictures of other people’s N9s. The screen was just black, nothing nada, but I could still receive SMSs and phone calls, just couldn’t interact with the device via the screen.

The shite thing is the micro sim, I do not have another mobile that uses one. Two working days without a phone, can’t complain too loudly that’s for sure. I was horrified when most other people were saying two weeks or more.
There are adapters which convert a micro sim to a normal sim.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
for me the gorilla glass is intact but the screen inside is badly damaged it won't turn on . I don't think it's covered by warranty but it's worth to try

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
for me the gorilla glass is intact but the screen inside is badly damaged it won't turn on . I don't think it's covered by warranty but it's worth to try
Hell yes, always wurth a try.