Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
I got N9 today. So not so many days to go to official launch. October the 4th can be quite accurate at least here in Finland.
And.............did u conjugate

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
As for N9 nobody has so far confirmed the payment ability. Sure NXP PN 544 does contain NXP smart card processor, but for the payments to work you need:
1. smart card applet supporting this installed inside the smart card
2. payment credentials provided by the your bank.
Please don't give me false hope, lol. So far from what I know, the N9 will completely *not* support NFC payment because of lacking hardware that's not about to be changed...

Now what will happen if you choose iPhone 6 in two years? What do you do with your payment credentials.
I guess it would be the same thing as when you get a new credit card issued? You activate the new one and the old one becomes obsolete. (Then you need to cut your old phone in half :P )

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
And.............did u conjugate
amo
amas
amat
amamus
amatis
amant

;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Lets make one thing clear, you don't need security framework for NFC payments.

Once the phone becomes the payment token, it will be much more exposed than traditional contact/contactless card.

As for N9 nobody has so far confirmed the payment ability. Sure NXP PN 544 does contain NXP smart card processor, but for the payments to work you need:
1. smart card applet supporting this installed inside the smart card
2. payment credentials provided by the your bank.

Now what will happen if you choose iPhone 6 in two years? What do you do with your payment credentials.
As I said before there is not yet a standard for how to handle payments etc.. Because all of them seems as competitiors and the bank and cardcompanys is stupid.

Iphone goes theyr own way. They may success they may fail. Google may have theyr own they may succes they may fail... MicroNokia may have theyr solution they may fail.. or sucess

Some operators want crypto in the SIM card. And the cardcompanys have big intrests too. SO my point was there is no standard yet so every damn phonemanufactor implement theyr own. So question about N9 will or will not have payment support is irrelevant until there is a shared standard for payments. Or more you should ask this: "Will I be able to pay using Iphone solution or Android solution or dual nokia/android/iphone solution"

And as I say before Iphone or Android MAY have payment on mobile, problem is will this be standanized enought to work globally? I doubt.

Google has already said: "Sweden is not ready for NFC" (bullish!!!)

But one thing is for sure those damn companys have too stop fight about this its just plain stupid! And stops innovation!

They MUST make a standard working for every damn phone outhere NOW.

And I hope this standard is something that can be used by N9 too.

It cant be that hard!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-23 at 20:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
No Way. You don't know how I have had waited for it
U da man......tell us all about it. battery life....how does vkb perform...emai......

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
OK. You're in the Aegis cave. You have the N9 in your hands, and the large stone ball is fast approaching from behind you. There is a gap in front of you that is too big to jump. The door is closing. On the floor, there lies a whip. Do you

A. Drop the N9, grab the whip and use it to cross the gap and leap under the door.

B. Keep the precious N9 idol, and attempt to dodge the large stone ball.

Press Escape for option A, or Scroll Lock for option B. Alternatively, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to fall into the gap and commit suicide.
Nokia support has left you in the dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Originally Posted by giorgosmit View Post
Marxian, in my experience this is also how people think about windows. They don't think of them. They just open their PCs and there they are. So, they don't know they are jailed. They don't know, or care, about open OSes. Most of them don't know what an OS actually is. For 85-90% of the regular Joes, windows=pc. So I don't agree in your jail parable, because most of them don't know that they are in a jail.
Ask the people who bought Plays For Sure music, iTunes locked music and other DRMed content. They eventually started to recognize what jailing means in a close and personal technical sense. Little by little, people are starting to get it but only because they're starting to experience it more--and then they care. Why do you think MP3 has FINALLY taken off? Why do you think Android quickly became far more dominant selling than Apple's iOS? People ARE starting to care more whether they recognize it as such.

The sad part is when they care--but aren't aware of specifically what it's called or what the BEST answer to their care would be (i.e. open vs open-core or simply more open).

Originally Posted by pedroesteban View Post
It's funny how people won't accept the fact that the n9 was released on time...

Thanks for the heads up, govprog.
What's wrong with demanding evidence? It's not that I think he's a liar.. but he might be wrong.. or, yes, lying.

Originally Posted by govprog View Post
I have called them. They said that we have it in stock. If they have faked the availablity then I'm going to smash my head against the wall.
Noooooooooooooo!
SEE! A phone call and somebody's word that they have it in stock. Not quite the same as either having it in hand or at the very least taking the next step and asking, 'Can I buy one right now and take one home?' Gov-can you call them and ask them that question, at least?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm not trying to say "IT'S HERE", just passing on the info. once I get it.
If you're desperate to make sure it's 100% legit & you've some time to kill, look into it closely & let us know.
I don't have the time lately, but would love for someone to ascertain a clear-cut 'yes/no'.
Instead of the long, drawn out, ambiguity we've had from Myriad...
Wouldn't even care if their rough time-frame was 6mth from launch, so long as it was a def. yes.
I think the problem I have with that is that this topic of being able to run Android apps repeatedly gets brought back up but it's as good as a fart in a hurricane because there's nothing tangible there. I'm not sure I should invest time into this topic if there's no "there" there to investigate in the first place. It's a tired rumor that's been around even since the days when someone said that some company was doing the same for Maemo 5... to which, to this day, there is again no substance.

Having lived through the C64/Atari/etc days of unending public announcements of things that never made it to market, it just smells of the same sort of bull. I'm anxious for someone to actually bring up something good like this but it keeps turning out to be vaporware.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think someone's gonna explode soon.

Waitforit.....
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Who ? do tell.
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Well it sure as hell will not be me to explode because...

Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post
So you want a score based prophecy system?

all we need now is a hero of sorts...we have the villian/s...maybe a ring?
Can we get Eldar in the cast for that show?

Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Is it a professional wrestling tag team match?
EDIT:Then give me some pop corns please.

Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Ring Steve and ask him if you can buy a Mars bar [chocolate]?

Of course it isn't apple compatible so you can't!

Done. And look at that--I even found water on it! Not sure why people keep making a big fuss about this in the news all the time.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Picture or lie.
He proved u wrong!!!!!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Not too keen on NFC payments myself. My financial details are vulnerable enough as it is, without providing yet another mechanism via which they may be obtained by criminals. Not to mention all the other personal information that resides on a phone. Count me out.
I am sure your "magnet card" is more vulnerable than NFC atleast MIfare has SOME kind of crypto...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
He proved u wrong!!!!!
How? There's nothing else in the picture to prove it's not just a stock photo from a reviewer or someone else's picture. How about a picture of him holding the damned thing or SOMETHING unique in the shot to prove it? :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
He proved u wrong!!!!!
the statement was 'picture OR lie'

the result was picture.

There is no wrongness

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????