hey great community
i wanna say that many n900 users are have not the fast internet connection so they face difficulty to download the application form app manager so i want that if it possible then please also post the deb file of the software games r themes and this will b great for the n900 users who have not the fast internet connection
i hope that u all will think about it and do great favor for the users who have not the fast internet connection

thanks

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Originally Posted by NOMIOMI View Post
hey great community
i wanna say that many n900 users are have not the fast internet connection so they face difficulty to download the application form app manager so i want that if it possible then please also post the deb file of the software games r themes and this will b great for the n900 users who have not the fast internet connection
i hope that u all will think about it and do great favor for the users who have not the fast internet connection

thanks
Its not the internet connection it Hildon Application Manager, download Faster Application Manager from the repos, its faster & better!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Raif For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
You could google:
"PACKAGE_NAME site:maemo.org/packages/view"

Open the page and look for an armel version
"Fremantle Extras free armel LINK_TO_PACKAGE"

Click the link to find the package:
"File: PACKAGE.deb"

And you'll be downloading the deb. Just make sure you got the dependecies installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
the problem is that when download the software form app manager or faster manager the issue is the speed of the internet not the download manager

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
For you and everyone with slow internet speed why dont you download a free download manager, there are many but i find the best one to be from this site.....
http://www.speedbit.com/

It self resumes and speeds up your connection for a trouble free download AND it verifies too.

a solution could be to download ll the debs u need from : http://repository.maemo.org/

browse to the relevant repo sections, and the app deb files are arranged alphabetically. just download athe ones you want, transfer to your n900, and either use ham or dpkg -i with xterm.

Hey all .. i have the .deb file of the following apps

1. Sims 3

2. Monopoly

3. Need For Speed Undercover

4. NFL 2010

5. Blades Of Fury

the total comes around 500 & odd MB size

where can i upload these files so that u ppl could download it ??

i tried skydrive but the prob was that skydrive has a 50MB/file limit

(for more info on N900 visit tekites.wordpress.com)

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Why are you looking any other way when as porselinaheart wrote all the .deb are in Maemo repositories?! Just download what you need.