Notices

Originally Posted by pindu View Post
i love this theme best one ive seen so far but ive been having a problem where the phone freezes and i have to turn the phone on and off to get it wotking again. happened about a dozen times since installing it yesterday. do you know what the problem might be ian?
I have no idea why that's happening, but I don't think it could be caused by the theme... The Okuda theme doesn't do anything differently from the other themes (aside from covering a larger number of icons than most). No custom transitions, and nothing else out of the ordinary... Since no one else has reported any problems like this with the theme, I think there must be something else wrong on your phone. Did you install or change anything else around the time the crashes started?

If all else fails, I'd suggest backing up and flashing your N900. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. :/

Originally Posted by akincisor View Post
I'm seeing this weird problem in the application manager where the themes icons appear when it starts, but then the default icons show up.

Any idea what's going on?
Do you currently have the Okuda theme selected, or one of the default themes?

Maemo automatically caches screenshots of certain app UIs, which it momentarily displays when the apps are first launched to provide the illusion of a faster loading time. Sometimes the screenshot it displays is from a theme which is no longer selected, which is what I think is happening in your case. It should work itself out on its own, but you're likely to see this occasionally if you switch themes regularly. Someone should probably file a bug on that (if it hasn't already been done), but it's kind of a tough one because the problem occurs intermittently and I don't know of any reliable way to reproduce it.

Okuda theme (N900/Maemo 5) | Maemo 4 themes (N8x0)
If you like my work and want to support me, you can donate via Flattr or Paypal.

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2010-08-06 at 22:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
thanks for your reply ian. i probably did install a few other programs at the same time but to be honest i cant remember what they were. unfortunately ive had to stop using the theme as the freezing problem keeps on happening and it is too much of a pain having to to turn the phone off/on, shame as i relly liked this theme.
as for flashing im too much of a newb to try that.
anyway i have installed the okuda system sounds and they are great and make the 900 sound really high tech, thanks for those.

Originally Posted by pindu View Post
thanks for your reply ian. i probably did install a few other programs at the same time but to be honest i cant remember what they were. unfortunately ive had to stop using the theme as the freezing problem keeps on happening and it is too much of a pain having to to turn the phone off/on, shame as i relly liked this theme.
as for flashing im too much of a newb to try that.
anyway i have installed the okuda system sounds and they are great and make the 900 sound really high tech, thanks for those.
If the crashing seems to have stopped for now, would you mind un-installing and re-installing the Okuda package and trying the theme once more? I'd be curious to know if the problem persists.

If you like my work and want to support me, you can donate via Flattr or Paypal.

unstalled and re-installed this morning and has been just fine all day god willing. dont know what was wrong with it on the first install.

The Following User Says Thank You to pindu For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to note that the text color problems with FeedingIt RSS Reader, OMWeather, and Web2SMS have been fixed by the developers of those apps. Many thanks to those who filed bugs, and to the awesome developers who fixed them so quickly!
  • Web2SMS v0.1.2-8 is available in extras-testing, and needs more testers and votes.
  • OMWeather v0.28.4 is also in extras-testing, and will hopefully be promoted in a couple days since it's already received enough votes.
  • FeedingIt RSS Reader v0.8.0-7 is currently in extras-devel.
  • Okuda theme v1.0.2 is still in extras-testing, and needs a few more votes.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Vote casted

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Vote casted
Me 2! Great work, love it!
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
Voted!
Thanks for the good work.
I really like the virtual keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to magullo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Love the theme -- just noticed one issue that doesn't seem to be going away with reboots, etc:

Is anyone else seeing this?

Also noticed the 'Now Playing' shortcut in media player (icon that shows up in the bottom right) is the default.

Otherwise, this is just brilliant

The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
vote is in..........

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Tags
fremantle, theme release