Hi guys,

hope you can help me with this.
I have my n900 since January last year, never gave me any trouble. 3 days ago realized it doesn't charge anymore. It just doesn't recognize that i've inserted the microusb . nothing happens, with either the wall charger or the USB cable.
I've tried to shut it down and charge it while off, and it went into a loop of three yellow lights, then off, then on again.
After a while, it starts charging , but it takes approx 20 hours to get to full charge.
What I want to try is to re-flash it, but how can I, given that it won't be recognized by my pc?

Any thoughts?

thanks a million

Is your usb port lose,if that is the case get it checked from the nokia care

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
I have similar problem, my N900 doesn't charge sometimes, I dont know why and yesterday I charged it about 15h and still it says "low battery" I think the battery is the problem, so I will probably buy a new battery and see how it goes...

Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
Is your usb port lose,if that is the case get it checked from the nokia care
nope, the port is not loose, it's pretty stiff.

Also, I don't think it's the battery either. Seems like OS issue to me...

USB port is most likley broken - my one doesn't seem loose but stopped working.
Thought it was the charger but new one made no difference.

Buy a desktop battery charger (quite cheap) to charge your battery and backup via bluetooth to PC suite.

Get it to a Nokia Centre to see what they say.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I've been having the same issue. I am not 100% certain what it is. But, my inclination is to thing that USB port is starting to fail. Sometimes, I plug it in and it the LED starts pulsing a yellow light for a few minutes, then it stops. After I try this several times it finally stays pulsing. Also, I can see that if I move the cable a bit, I can easily make it alternate between connected and disconnected states. I seem to have better success with a PC connection than with the wall charger. And, my car charger is the best.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
USB port breaking down, buy yourself an external charger from e-bay they are about £4 to verify your battery is still good.

If it charges then its defenitly your port!!

The port or the dc adapter.

the phone is screwed... I'm going to buy a Desire Z now. Does anyone want this n900? I'll give it for few caps

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Originally Posted by wolosk View Post
the phone is screwed... I'm going to buy a Desire Z now. Does anyone want this n900? I'll give it for few caps
How many caps??