So i was driving and had to accelerate hard and my phone flys out of the holder and somehow gets into the moving mechanism and now i have a nice 2inch scratch on my screen.

I'm so very pissed off about this, i was wondering if people know of anyway to remove/reduce the scratching?

I once saw at a Automobile parts store ( Norauto ) something to take out the scratchs of car's windows ... It is a resin completly translucent that you apply.

But it is intended to use in glass surfaces, i don't know if it will work on the N900 screen !

But maybe there is something like to take out DVD or CD's scratchs that works ?

Originally Posted by LozBlake View Post
So i was driving and had to accelerate hard and my phone flys out of the holder and somehow gets into the moving mechanism and now i have a nice 2inch scratch on my screen.

I'm so very pissed off about this, i was wondering if people know of anyway to remove/reduce the scratching?
Check out this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...WINDOW+ASSY%22

only $32 for the replaceable screen

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Focsani, Romania
Hi. I also have some scratches on my screen caused by some relationship issues between my n900 and the keys and somewhere read that you could fix them with sandpaper. Is this dangerous?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
DON'T use sandpaper!

Get something like displex and be patient (the longer you work on it, the better). Also evaluate state from time to time while working on it.

Also, keep in mind, that deep scratches won't disappear, even after using displex & friends. It may be just more time/money efficient to buy replacement digitizer.
---

BTW, for future - 1$ polycarbonate screen protectors work well, as measure to prevent such incidents. If you find proper "mark", they're looking very good, too.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
BTW, for future - 1$ polycarbonate screen protectors work well, as measure to prevent such incidents. If you find proper "mark", they're looking very good, too.
I like the ones Brando sells, I prefer the non-glossy one. They are more expensive but last forever

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post: