Active Topics

I propose an integrated search function in the "telephone application". Added to the application would be a simple search box, you woukld type in the name of a business/contact and a list of contacts/businesses (with street address and number) within your local area would show up. This function could use Yellow pages (for US/UK)? or google directory?

Thoughts anyone? I was thinking it would make searching for numbers pretty easy - say typing in pcworld, you could immeiately call the closest one.. It would be pretty handy imo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
I propose an integrated search function in the "telephone application". Added to the application would be a simple search box, you woukld type in the name of a business/contact and a list of contacts/businesses (with street address and number) within your local area would show up. This function could use Yellow pages (for US/UK)? or google directory?

Thoughts anyone? I was thinking it would make searching for numbers pretty easy - say typing in pcworld, you could immeiately call the closest one.. It would be pretty handy imo.
Great idea. Lousy illustration though - pcworld use an 0845 number for the whole country.

But I get what you mean and this would be a handy thing to add - maybe a 'yell.com widget'?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
This function could use Yellow pages (for US/UK)? or google directory?
In the UK you can use BT.com. If you picked up the user's location, you could then use this to fill in one of the two blanks on the search form.