Active Topics

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
It would be nice if they would release the source code for the Calendar so that it could be mod'd by the Community.

Pet Peeve of mine is that I can delete one instance of a repeating event. I have to delete all occurrences. My Palm could do that 10 years ago!

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by oneFinn View Post
This brainstorm seems to be quiet..any progress happening?

Since PR 1.2 brings no relevant improvement to calendar and Nokia pushed Maemo5 to side track (hard to believe that Nokia would much improve closed solutions like Calendar and Modest any longer, all intrest is moving to MeeGo), the only real solution must come from community. I'm missing age display in birthdays, search in calendar and adjustable day view (start/end hours) and sync to gmail/thunderbird lightning.
Well, since the calendar is closed source the community can't help much. There is a thread somewhere that deals with the efforts of creating separete search aplication but it has also been quiet for some time. Sync to gmail should work with erminig-ng, don't know about thunderbird. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40408

I think that it is not possible for anyone outside Nokia to help with age display or adjustable day view.