Active Topics

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 314 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russian Federation
Hi guys. Got some free time to continue recovering this N950.
Hurrian, can U (or someone else) provide full *noob* (with all steps/lines of code) instruction what I must to do now (see picture with phone recovering stage above) to loading Uniboot and "get a telnet console to the device before Harmattan starts up, clear /var/malf, and start figuring out" ? Phone still in the condition I left its in July. I read materials abt Uniboot here and here but still don't clearly understand all steps. I would be very grateful for the help to those who can spend their time for my problem.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by DirkDagger View Post
Hi guys. Got some free time to continue recovering this N950.
Hurrian, can U (or someone else) provide full *noob* (with all steps/lines of code) instruction what I must to do now (see picture with phone recovering stage above) to loading Uniboot and "get a telnet console to the device before Harmattan starts up, clear /var/malf, and start figuring out" ? Phone still in the condition I left its in July. I read materials abt Uniboot here and here but still don't clearly understand all steps. I would be very grateful for the help to those who can spend their time for my problem.
If you want to use ubiboot for recovery, and not for install it permanently as a boot manager it is enough just to push the kernel to the device with flasher. You do not need the config file or the CPIO in that case.

Just get the latest ubiboot kernel, and then load it up with flasher in the following way;
sudo flasher -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 -l -b

Keep the USB cable connected, and when the device starts it will export the partitions from mmcblk0 to the PC host and also enable you to telnet in the device.

To fix/modify partitions, you can do that on the USB exports, or telnet in, umount the partitions from PC, mount them in the device and do stuff there.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Yep, that happens when your device does ~17 watchdog timeouts.

Try loading ubiboot (flasher -l) to get a telnet console to the device before Harmattan starts up, clear /var/malf, and start figuring out what needs to be done.
LOL! "Houston, we have a problem" again? Thought they fixed (the idea of) that one early in fremantle already. Ohmy, harmattan :-S
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: