My N9 is now consuming 37/76ma (idle/avg)
My UI is pathetically slow - seonds to bring up the keyboard.
The charge lasts less than a day (it used to clear 2 days easy, and only consume 4% overnight.)
Many built-in apps like Mail and video player bring up the "Not responding" message.
My feed area is duplicating posts 10x+ times.
My driving app search no longer works (no results) but the maps app finds the route fine.
Facebook routinely tells me "Account disabled" or fails to load photos.

Half of these issues seem to be hardware related, the other half I think are coming from software neglect. I'm thinking about ditching this phone and moving to a iOS or Android one.

Has anyone seen these issues and suggest fixes? I only have a few additional apps installed. I've loved this phone but in the last 2-3 weeks it's taken a nose-dive.

EDIT: this past weekend was my breaking point. I was out and could not get driving directions to the destination. I missed my appointment. :-/

Last edited by Scorp1us; 2013-04-01 at 17:52.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Did you try to reflash?

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Scorp1us View Post
Half of these issues seem to be hardware related, the other half I think are coming from software neglect.
Which issues do you think are hardware related?

EDIT:
Do you mean broken hardware?

Well I tried to reflash it and all it says is
"Suitable USB interface.... not found"

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Scorp1us View Post
Well I tried to reflash it and all it says is
"Suitable USB interface.... not found"
Read the flashing guide...

Basically, you should plug in your powered off device (hold power button for 8-10seconds) only after that suitable device not found message...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
agreed with thedead1440, you seriously NEED a flash for your phone, make sure you backup everything important first.. if possible, just backup your images, videos, contacts, documents and musics, I'm afraid that the configuration done to your phone by other softwares could had make your phone gone haywire, and you do not want those configuration to be backup as well..

Eh, I got it reloaded after many disconnects and reboots.

I'll let you know how it goes. All my data is gone though :-/ Even though I didn't reset the user partition.

In all honesty, I would not find it acceptable to have to regularly reflash a phone. We're talking Windows95 level reliability here. As much as I love what the N9 was about, the great design, and the innovative UI, it has been neglected and was never really developed to completion —*a chronic issue when it comes to Nokia and software.

I've been using an iPhone since the first 3G, then moving to a 4. Then the N9 for a while as my main device, then grudgingly back to the iPhone. I have never had to reflash it, and it still works great and is incredibly solid in operation. The difference to the N9 is night and day. It's not because I haven't tried, and I still really, really miss the Swipe UI. I was using the N9 as my US phone just the other week, but Nokia Drive is now bugging like crazy, the battery randomly gets sucked empty, Maps has always been very sluggish, things slow down after a while etc.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish a PR1.4 would come out that would fix things as I honestly really like the device. But I don't think I could go back to the N9 as my main device anymore.