Lo all

maemo said there was a few updates to do so went to faster application mamager to do them, there was some kind of error cant exactly remember (some of the updates were speed patch battery something).

so rebooted phone and now stuck in the boot loop, light goes white/blue when power button held on then it vibrates shows the nokia logo, nokia logo vanishes then comes back then vanishes for good and screen goes black.

So Now I am trying to flash it downloaded latest flasher and firmware.

installed flasher

and used this command

flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin

flasher displays following

so I plug the n900 in whilst holding U it vibrates comes up with the nokia logo and windows comes up with the unable to install drivers bubble, so i click bubble and this box shows

but as a note n900 is visible in the devices

eventually a orange light appears on the n900.

tried the above process both ways round guys as in phone connected then flasher and vice versa.

please peeps really need this sorting

Do you have Windows 7 64-bit? Look here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...nd_Workarounds

Issues with 64-bit Windows and Workarounds

According to this post, Windows driver signing can cause problems. You either need to turn on the loading of unsigned drivers or boot your computer to whole another OS. There are a few workarounds:

Workaround for "no suitable device found" problem on Windows 7 x64

Once this message appears, run inf-wizard.exe from libusb-win32 package and create an inf file for "N900 (PC Suite Mode)" and install this inf driver. Then go to Device Manager and update the driver for N900 Phone Parent and the flasher should spring to life...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libu...0.zip/download

eight you are a legend matey the inf wizard thingy kicked it straight into life,

what will be diff though having just updated the kernal

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I have a similar prob. just bought a n900 that wont turn on, eventually i got drivers installed (using w8) but Im stuck at "wating for usb device"

Did the lib usb part too

with n900 plugged in, the computer makes the "usb connect" sound then straight away does the "disconnect"

also noticed it seems the screen is broken and battery isnt genuine nokia.......................

Last edited by F2thaK; 2014-02-12 at 12:08.